Forums Latest Members

Applied indices on late 60s / early 70s Conquest

1. danielbird193 Sep 11, 2019

Hello everyone. I've been looking at vintage Conquests online, and have come across two nice examples which I'm fairly interested in. On first appearances they look very similar:

eBay 1.jpg
    Chrono 2.jpg

They both have the same steel / black applied indices which I think look great. But they appear to have been applied in different directions on both version. Is one of these a redial which has been done with the indices back-to-front? Or is this an accepted variation using the same indices?

I was also looking closely at the lugs. On the second watch they look quite sharp, where as on the first watch they look polished and quite smooth. Would the lugs on the first watch originally have been the same as the second, or is this is a different case design?

Would appreciate any thoughts from more experienced members. Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.

2. Rochete Oct 6, 2019

IMO second one is an obvious redial.

ahsposo likes this.
  3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 6, 2019

I’ll also be interested to read what any Longines experts have to say but to my untutored eye, and after googling images of 1960 & 1970 Conquest Automatics, neither look like what I’d expect them to look like.

4. danielbird193 Oct 7, 2019

Thanks, what is it in particular that makes you think that?

5. Rochete Oct 7, 2019

Minute markers not perfectly radial, badly printed (see around 6) and misaligned with indexes (most noticeable from 10 to 2), date window very off (can see markers through), no "Swiss made",...