Apologies to a stranger with a GMT-Master 1675

Posts
144
Likes
299
You were in line in front of me at Chic-fil-A off i-95. I said "I like your watch- is it vintage?" and you stuffed your hands in your pockets and looked at the floor.

I know I look a bit rough around the edges but I didn't realize I was that downright menacing. Hope I didn't scare you off wearing it in public. I didn't want to steal it, I just wanted to know if it had an independently adjustable jump hour hand.
 
Posts
611
Likes
1,303
If it was a 1675 it wouldn’t! See, I could have saved another poor unsuspecting member of the watch wearing public from a terrifying experience.
 
Posts
3,451
Likes
35,215
I would have answered, with my right hand in my pocket. I have a “change pouch” in there. In case things change.




These are empty but they hold a lot of change. The one on the left was under construction when I took this photo.
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
You were in line in front of me at Chic-fil-A off i-95. I said "I like your watch- is it vintage?" and you stuffed your hands in your pockets and looked at the floor.

I know I look a bit rough around the edges but I didn't realize I was that downright menacing. Hope I didn't scare you off wearing it in public. I didn't want to steal it, I just wanted to know if it had an independently adjustable jump hour hand.
Maybe it was a knock-off, and he didn't want to get outed.
 
Posts
6,437
Likes
31,614
I you hadn't touched my butt first before asking about my watch it would have ended differently.🤪
 
Posts
4,497
Likes
11,001
I always say "cool watch". Usually turns out to be a Fossil or Invicta.......and you can't shut them up ;-)
 
Posts
18,746
Likes
38,894
Maybe it was a knock-off, and he didn't want to get outed.

or

Maybe it was knocked off, and he didn't want to get outed.

"In Australian slang, "knock off" most commonly means to finish work for the day or to have after-work drinks. It can also mean to steal something, to do a task quickly, or to give up a habit."
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
or

Maybe it was knocked off, and he didn't want to get outed.

"In Australian slang, "knock off" most commonly means to finish work for the day or to have after-work drinks. It can also mean to steal something, to do a task quickly, or to give up a habit."
in the States, a 'knock-off' is an imitation/ counterfeit. Plus what you indicate in Australian slang. Since 1-95 is a N-S interstate on the east coast of the US, the wider range of definitions applies ::psy::