Forums Latest Members

ApolloXVII - SCAMMER - Multiple Victims

1. jinp84 Jul 2, 2022

Recently purchased a DSOTM from apolloxvii. Paid promptly for a price that seems a bit too good to be true.

Ofcourse after waiting 3 weeks with no updates on tracking he advises me to claim it through paypal and ignores the rest of my emails.

Im curious to see if anyone actually received watches from him?

2. Fritzenheimer Jul 2, 2022

What was the too good to be true price?

3. jinp84 Jul 2, 2022

Its on the forums. He sold 3 more watches at similar price in the same timeframe. Wondering if they received it or not.

Price was 4500 euro

4. Caracal25 Jul 3, 2022

Did the same to me, fortunately only 1500 euros and I've already begun the refund process through Paypal. I also felt it was too good to be true but took the chance due to the Paypal protection.

He offered me a refund but backed out of that when pressed. I tried to trip him up in the beginning by asking for another Omega figuring that if he was a scammer he'd gladly add that watch to the transaction but he didn't take the bait. I even asked him as to why he was selling them so cheap and his reply was that he was over budget on a home build and needed to raise funds quickly.

5. jinp84 Jul 3, 2022

So its proven. Hes a scammer trying to withdraw funds from paypal before closing his account?

6. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 3, 2022

@dsio This is that member that recently sold 16 watches since gaining access to the private sales section this past February.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2022

It does appear to be that guy yes. The account has been banned, anyone who is owed money should press for a paypal refund and not stop until they get it.

Adamtrigg10 likes this.
  8. jinp84 Jul 3, 2022

Well here is the info of this scammer based in Bucharest, Romania :

Victor Tomescu
    Watches of all Time
    [email protected]

9. jinp84 Jul 3, 2022

Wondering if those people that created threads to give him positive feedbacks are in on it as well?

How did this forum allow this to happen for so long?

10. Caracal25 Jul 3, 2022

I don’t blame the forum. I was buying a $4,000 watch for $1500. I knew it was probably too good to be true. If he wanted friends and family I wouldn’t have sent the money but I’ll eventually get it back.

11. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 3, 2022

I know you're upset and I would be too but,
    This is a bit of a stretch. I would imagine that part of a successful long scam would be to incorporate genuine sales, which would bring about genuine positive feedback, which in turn would create an illusion of a reputable seller.
    The forum isn't to blame. As far as I know, you were the first person to report anything negative, which created a platform for another member to come forward, allowing the forum to act hastily to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Keep pushing PayPal. As long as you paid with protection, you will get your money back.

Rudi99 and MtV like this.
  12. jinp84 Jul 3, 2022

Sorry not blaming the forums my wording wasn’t written properly.

If he sold 16 watches im wondering how im the first one to come out with a warning post.

Lesson learned.

13. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 3, 2022

There are many reasons why- not everyone cares or thinks to write reviews, good or bad. There may be people unaware this review page even exists. There may be people who are currently fighting Victor on their own without considering leaving a review. Or, like you, are giving time for the Victor to make good on his word, before leaving a review. For example, I have sold several items on here to both new and established members that never left a review after receiving the item. There was also a thread recently created where someone sent an established YouTuber a watch to review, only to never receive that watch back. Once that thread gained traction, three other people joined the forum to claim the same thing happened to them. We found out those other members had been dealing with their issue for several years, on their own. Like that review, your review provided a platform for @Caracal25 to join and strengthen your position and who knows, maybe more will join in.

In the end, it's good you created a negative review because it shone the light on what was happening, leading to him being banned.

14. cineaste Jul 3, 2022

I bought a Speedy reduced for 1200 from him more than a month ago, how many members did he scam beforehand? He seems to own or at least have access the watch he sold me, as he posted a ‘proof of life’ photo. I got suspicious when he kept marking more watches as sold and no positive reviews anywhere to be seen! Meanwhile tracking showed the watch to be stuck in Romania and he claimed that he was pressing the post office for answers. After he materialized no evidence of a claim made he even asked me to ask PayPal for a refund claiming he will not contest it! Of course when that happened he claimed he had no money atm. Of course I immediately escalated it and informed the admins here. I hope everyone paid by PayPal goods and that they will get their money back quickly.

andyk8 likes this.
  15. Caracal25 Jul 3, 2022

That's a similar story as to mine. The tracking stopped after it left Romania and nothing else ever materialized.

I paid goods and services so I'm not concerned. His ads even specified that he would support the Paypal fees. It seems his end game is to screw Paypal.

andyk8 likes this.
  16. cineaste Jul 3, 2022

Btw, why are his sale threads deleted? Maybe it could be useful to show them to PayPal to get our refunds faster?

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2022

They’re not deleted, they’re still there for that reason. His account is banned because he is clearly not being helpful at all and just a thief.

andyk8 and cineaste like this.
  18. cineaste Jul 3, 2022

Sorry for the confusion, I just made a search and did not find anything, I guess that is because his account is disabled.

19. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 3, 2022

20. Bille Jul 4, 2022

I have just read all your posts, and I´m devestated to hear that you guys have been scammed by apolloxvii. And I´m sorry to inform that I´m in the same boat as you - I have just been scammed too.

I bought (or I thought I bought) this watch two weeks ago, and I still have not received it. SOLD - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 40th Anniversary full set 4300 Euro | Omega Forums

And it seems to be the same pattern - I received a PayPal invoice, I paid, I received a tracking number, but after the package left Romania nothing happens.

I dont know what to do - so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

andyk8 and Kronos like this.