Forums Latest Members

Apollo XVII Watch Roll: As a freebie...

1. pbz Jul 20, 2020

Please excuse a first post from a newbie. I did some searching before posting and only found one reference to the item I'm curious about in a for sale post dated back from 2018 but it was part of a set of items packaged along with a timepiece.

I just picked up my first moonwatch yesterday (a sapphire sandwich) and was given a few nice freebies as part of the purchase. They gave me some additional NATO straps, the updated velcro Speedmaster branded strap in addition to the two others that come in the presentation box and then this Apollo XVII watch roll.

I'm just curious what kind of perceived value is associated with the item. No answer would disappoint as it was gratis.

I'm eager to dig deeper into the forum...this appears to be a very engaged and knowledgeable community and one that I'm excited to join. My only previous forays into the watch world have been related to Luminox field watches and a decent collection of G-SHOCK Frogman's, so this is definitely a step for me from the kiddie pool over to the adult side.

Kind regards.

image0.jpeg
    image1.jpeg

Edited Jul 20, 2020
    Taddyangle likes this.
  2. lillatroll Jul 20, 2020

I would imagine it would go for a decent sum, not sure what a regular omega branded watch roll would go for, but you could add 50% on top of that and maybe more. People pay 30, 40 dollars for pens that are given away for free. Its a nice looking watch roll.

3. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jul 21, 2020

G shocks are still cool here :thumbsup: