Forums Latest Members
  1. piumach Mar 17, 2018

Hi guys,
    I have the opportunity to buy one NOS dial of the Apollo Soyuz '75 Speedy, do you know how much is a honest price for it?
    The Pic is poor but the dial is absolutely perfect.

[​IMG]

2. bazderome Mar 17, 2018

Around 20k€ I would say?

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 17, 2018

Well who is your market?

I wonder what would happen if you sent a Soyuz to Omega and it needed a dial. Would they have one, anyone tried?

There were a limited number of watches made, almost all are looked after, I doubt there is even one that needs a dial - and if it does adding a new dial may make it look odd, as if it needed a new dial what state would the rest be it? Not a $50,000 watch, justifying a 20k dial.

Ask an actual owner what he would pay - I doubt you would get a lot of interest, unless Omega confirms they have no dials - which they might not.

The actual owner of a watch with a shitty dial might be a dealer, in which case he has to sell the watch for a profit. Or a cheapskate who bought a rubbish watch - but then he is not going to pay much.

It is a tough one to value.

Until you find an owner who has a perfect watch missing the dial, its going to be a hard sell at a high level.

My guess is that on Ebay, with no reserve, it might get $500 to 1500.

(And then it might just sit in a parts box)

We are in interesting times. This time last year collectors were hoovering up parts throwing money like confetti.

Not so much today.

To sum up, If a buyer needs one, a dealer will shaft him. Its all about finding that needy buyer, and they may not exist given the care most of these have been kept with. On the open market, it just depends on how much spare cash sits in the pocket to gamble with.

MaiLollo and Psych like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 17, 2018

$325
    That was the going rate for a standard dial not that long ago.

Don't see anything more in it unless you have a rare watch with a bad dial as @Spacefruit mentions above.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 17, 2018

Similar to a 220 Bezel. Very rare part but few watches actually need one.

Dr No likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Mar 17, 2018

7. Faz Mar 17, 2018

I’m fine and yourself?

Alfonso82 likes this.
  8. piumach Mar 17, 2018

Hi Guys,
    I apologize for both this duplicate thread as well as I miss some politeness with my first message!
    Unfortunately English is not my mother tongue and I wrote the first message with my smartphone browser, ending up with a short sentence and a double post...(thank you to let me know, I did not notice :) )
    Anyway, I'm Nicola from Italy, I'm exactly 40 years old :-P and I am a Speedmaster fan.
    I just have a 2017 ss speedmaster but no vintage, this is why I asked you for some advice about this dial.

Regards,
    Nicola

9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 17, 2018

Unless today is your birthday, you are not exactly 40 years old :whistling:

Just kidding Nicola. Welcome to the Omega Forum.

piumach likes this.