Forums Latest Members
  1. RxJedi Dec 12, 2018

So, put a deposit down in the Spring.

First update was the timepiece was to be released in August..... Then October.... Then December....

So, is anyone at Omega capable of being honest with us? I really feel bad for the OB’s that have to answer to upset purchasers that only want a straight answer! Suprisingly, most would be understanding if they got an honest, truthful explanation. But, after several “bullshit” attempts, I’m not sure what to believe.

Any thoughts?

2. ewand Dec 12, 2018

I went into an OB today to see if they'd heard anything about a 50th anniversary moon landing special ed, and the lady (who, judgmentally, I wouldn't describe as the sharpest tool in the shed) said there was no 50th anniversary model, only the Apollo 8, and that would be out in March...

Bahnstormer and kov like this.
  3. ama98 Dec 13, 2018

I have seen one Apollo 8 last week in a boutique but that was already purchased. Looked awesome! Surely an exciting piece!

4. kilofinal Dec 13, 2018

this just adds to the mystery and intrigue.....we need to have an Apollo 8 "sightings" thread.

5. ama98 Dec 13, 2018

Here is the only pic what I took.

20181203_170756.jpg
    kilofinal, Mcvictory, SpeedyD and 5 others like this.
  6. TJH Dec 13, 2018

I think this is finally starting to grow on me..:eek:

ama98 likes this.
  7. Baco Noir Dec 13, 2018

I love it nd want one, but I’ll wait for prices to settle out and then evaluate discounted from the AD or second hand.

Taddyangle and STANDY like this.
  8. Mr Gadget Dec 13, 2018

Came across one in a London boutique last week.
    I was told 3 came into London and 2 sold immediately.
    It's not for me, but I can see the attraction.

9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 13, 2018

Always best to assume it will take a year after they begin accepting orders for a LE. That way they may surprise you by 2 or 3 months, but not often.

10. To the moon Dec 13, 2018

Such a shame. When I heard that Omega were doing a skelenton piece I was very excited. When I was presented with the piece for viewing I was confused as to why I was holding either a Tag Heuer or some other fashion brand. Not for me :( sorry about the negativity

11. RxJedi Dec 13, 2018

Went to my OB yesterday, and they said there is zero chance this watch has been available for purchase anywhere. Not that I’m doubting you, but trying to figure out what is really going on.

Is it possible they’ve only released a few?

12. taz101 Dec 13, 2018

Isnt the 50th anniv moon landing the Apollo 11 LE due next year?

13. ama98 Dec 14, 2018

S
    Well so much about 0 chance. I have seen it in my own eyes and I was told that it was the first and only piece and it took some effort to get it.
    Not all OBs are equal. Some could use better their connection or God knows how and what they do to get certain models earlier and larger quantities then others....

14. mancio Dec 14, 2018

I'm so sad that the Apollo 8 is 44mm wide. It is too big for my wrist:(:(:(

15. orlis Dec 14, 2018

I heard just 40 pcs were released till now so most probably they all have their new owners..

16. CaptDngr Dec 15, 2018

This is a regular production piece, so once they ramp up you can lilrly expect it to be much easier to get.

17. ama98 Dec 15, 2018

It is not a limited edition but a limited production. However the demand is high so it will be still hard to get one instantly

18. RxJedi Dec 18, 2018

And no picture???? Doubting the claim..... No one has seen it, yet claims continue about “I just saw the only one on Earth”. So, where are the pictures? And how do several people see the same piece if it is the only one on Earth????

Maybe we should wait till someone actually has REAL info and has a piece in their hand? Not trying to be difficult, but would prefer to have real info, with proof, than someone claiming to have seen a Unicorn, but has no proof.

Edited Dec 18, 2018
  19. Ree Dec 18, 2018

I thought he already posted a picture?
    And I don't think it's meant to be the only one on Earth. It's the only one/the first one that particular OB has received. Some other OBs might have received theirs too.
    There is another person in Australia who has received his: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrXEE6SF7l_/
    And another in US: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrToikjnD_b/
    And another in Germany: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrBfNo7lXzU/
    And another in Japan: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdBMOMHUJX/
    Not everyone's going to take a picture of Apollo 8 upon seeing one randomly at OB. I won't.

Edited Dec 18, 2018
    queriver likes this.
  20. RxJedi Dec 18, 2018

My apologies for the wording, as it wasn’t meant to be “aggressive”.

Was just wondering when we would see pics of the watch after real purchases or in store stock. Remember, we were supposed to see this in August, then October, then December, etc...

Just excited to see one!