Forums Latest Members
  1. ohmzx Oct 5, 2016

All
    After a CK2998, i'm thinking about getting OMEGA LE APOLLO 11 or APOLLO 15 both are 40th anniversary actually.

Which one is better and why? Thanks all.

Edited Oct 5, 2016
  2. demollo Oct 5, 2016

Which anniversary editions are you thinking about exactly? Define better, please :)

3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 5, 2016

There are 6 Apollo II LE's. Which one are you considering?

4. ohmzx Oct 5, 2016

Sorry both are the 40th edition actually. The 11 with small silver coin and the 15 is red white blue one. Thanks.

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 5, 2016

Interesting choices here. Are you looking as a collectable, hold and flip for a profit? If so I think you are better off with the II. It seems to garner more interest and will probably return more on your investment over time. The 15 has a very cool and unique dial but does not seem to me to be as sought after. Same movement or no difference there. Any chance you can just buy them both? Solves the problem. :D
    Are you leaning one way or the other?

ohmzx likes this.
  6. ohmzx Oct 5, 2016

Thanks Tpatta, I like the 15 a tad more than the 11, but since the 11 will hold value more I think I should get the 11 right. ? Thanks.

7. ohmzx Oct 5, 2016

Or Maybe I should just get the sapphire one and call it good. New and no worries about scratch. So confusing!!! GOSH.

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 5, 2016

Only you can make that decision. I'm a little biased since I have the II, but truth be told I have my eyes out for a 15.
    But if you want to listen to a complete stranger........go for the II.

9. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 5, 2016

Don't worry about scratching the Hesalite. You can always clean it up with a little Polywatch.

10. repoman Oct 5, 2016

I think both are cool, but I wouldn't really factor in future appreciation for either of these pieces, I'd go with the one you like the best on your wrist. The 40th Apollo XI mintage is 7969 pieces which is just way too many for a limited edition to have significant appreciation value. The Apollo XV is better in that regard at 1971 pieces, and has a gorgeous caseback engraving, but the dial is unimaginative and I think that's why this particular LE Speedy is not on most modern Speedy collector's top 10 list. I think values will hold steady on both, but not really appreciate. There are many other LE Speedy choices you could make if value is your main factor.

One thing I do like about the Apollo XI 40th... Omega had a nice box and papers set on this model, and there were several additional promotional items associated with the release of this watch, such as the silver cased pen, etc. Collecting everything associated with this watch would add some additional challenge and enjoyment to owning the piece.

ohmzx and tpatta like this.
  11. EatMan Oct 5, 2016

meganfox17 and ohmzx like this.
  12. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 5, 2016

Agreed. And I grabbed the pen last year.

ohmzx likes this.
  13. ohmzx Oct 5, 2016

I bow to you tpatta! After i saw your collection.

14. meganfox17 Oct 5, 2016

You only realized now ?[​IMG]Some of the Greatest Speedmaster photos of the OF[​IMG]
    Wait ! I'm not done drooling yet over @tpatta 's Speedy collection but let me join you too.. to bow before a real Speedy legend.That's me in the front[​IMG]

SamQue, tpatta and ohmzx like this.
  15. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 6, 2016

Less than some, more than others. Without the help of the great folks on this forum I probably wouldn't have any.
    Always on the hunt.

Ree and meganfox17 like this.
  16. Ree Oct 6, 2016

Apollo 11 series seems to be more popular. But I guess if you like 15 too, then perhaps get whichever you like most first? Then get the other one on next purchase?:whistling:
    @tpatta's collection never fail to amaze me::popcorn::

demollo and tpatta like this.
  17. fskywalker Oct 28, 2016

I had the 40th anniversary / silver coin, very nice watch:

[​IMG]

I tried the apollo 15 once at AD, too colorful for my taste

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. ohmzx Oct 30, 2016

Beautiful watches

19. bama2141 Oct 30, 2016

I have a couple of the Apollo 11 Limited Editions -- the 25th Anniversary and the 40th.

The 25th:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one had a few positives for me:
    --- Hesalite
    --- Creamy tritium lume
    --- 861 movement
    --- Discrete anniversary marking on case band and back

The 40th:

[​IMG]

Plusses:
    --- Hesalite
    --- Silver medallion at running seconds
    --- Beautiful caseback of mission logo
    --- Nice limited edition packaging

Once you have a classic moonwatch (3750 or newer equivalent), the Limited Editions are a nice way to expand the collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meganfox17 likes this.