Forums Latest Members

Apollo 11 Bracelet on Trilogy Speedmaster?

1. yala Sep 22, 2020

Hello,

I own a Trilogy Speedmaster and it’s one of my absolute favourites. However, the bracelet not so much. The bracelet from the 2019 Apollo 11 release is marvellous, imo. Does any of you guys know if the bracelet could fit a Trilogy Speedy if one would use the Endlinks from the Trilogy-bracelet? Thanks!

2. 83n Sep 22, 2020

yala likes this.
  3. yala Sep 22, 2020

Yes, the Forstner is very cool. I might actually go with this option as well :) Thanks!

4. redzer007 Sep 22, 2020

consider the US bracelet too, or have someone check that the 19mm Forstner will fit your trilogy.

I wanted to fit the trilogy bracelet to my FOIS - does not fit is what I was told - so dont assume it will work the other way with the Forstner (but it might)

yala likes this.
  5. yala Sep 22, 2020

Oh, thanks for the hint! Will def see if someone can measure it.

6. Blackdog Sep 22, 2020

That's the problem with solid end links. They're designed for a specific spring bar holes position in the lugs.
    Forstner specifies that the end links they provide fit the Speedy Pro and the FOIS cases. Just don't assume they will fit the Trilogy going by lug space alone.

You may have better luck with the Uncleseiko flat link, being his end links hollow they can be much more position tolerant.

yala likes this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Sep 22, 2020

Forstner (and Uncle Seiko) should fit. Here is a picture of a Forstner on a Trilogy.

yala likes this.
  8. Blackdog Sep 22, 2020

OK, now we can say with confidence that the Forstner fits the Pro, the FOIS and the Trilogy cases !

Nothing like solid proof.

yala likes this.
  9. yala Sep 22, 2020

... and it looks superdecent! Thanks for finding the image @eugeand and the chat, everyone!

10. 83n Sep 22, 2020

The whole statement reads:
    Please note: This bracelet was designed for the Speedmaster Professional and the First Omega in Space cases (which would include the CK2998 limited editions and Hodinkee 10th Anniversary limited edition). It has also been reported to fit the Speedmaster 60th anniversary Trilogy edition. We cannot confirm whether the bracelet fits other models, in addition to these.

I am sorry if I gave bad advice. But as the others here also say, it should fit. Didn’t test it myself.

I chose the Forstner over the US due to the spring-loaded links. I am really interested how they will improve comfort over the day.

Blackdog likes this.
  11. Blackdog Sep 23, 2020

I missed the Trilogy part too...

About the Forstner I would also like to know how these spring loaded links work in real life. Also wonder if t is possible to completely remove the expanding links and keep only fixed links on the bracelet.
    I like the fact that the Forstner uses screws and seems slightly more substantial than the US version...

12. Forstnerbands Sep 23, 2020

The spring links aren’t meant to be removed, but it may be possible to remove them. I’ll play around with this to see if I can come up with a workable solution for folks who don’t like the stretch links. They make for a super comfy fit though :)