Forums Latest Members

Anyone with a omega gmt use a wolf single watch roll

1. Daz4311 Aug 13, 2019

Wondering how it fits and if watch is well protected ect

2. RoarLionsRoar Aug 13, 2019

I have the Wolf Howard single watch roll in black with grey interior. Which watch are you talking about? The Planet Ocean GMT?

I can take pics of my 43.5mm PO in the roll tonight if you're interested.

Daz4311 likes this.
  3. RoarLionsRoar Aug 13, 2019

Here you go.... 43.5mm Planet Ocean. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

20190813_180842.jpg
    20190813_180735.jpg
    20190813_180831.jpg

WatchShopping, Taddyangle and Daz4311 like this.
  4. Daz4311 Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for pics...so its not ideal as does stick out a bit maybe need to look at a different case,how do you feel about it,would you fell safe with that in your hand luggage whilst travelling

5. RoarLionsRoar Aug 14, 2019

The inside is a soft material and the top fully closes (there are two snaps on the exterior, and it securely closes with the upper/looser snap).

For the past month I've been on a business trip with it, so I have no problem tossing it in my backpack and feeling protected (I leave it in my backpack rather than risk a maid stealing it from my hotel room).

It's not a hard case since it's leather, but I wasn't looking for impact resistance or anything like that. I think it's fine for protecting the watch from scratches (that's all I needed it for).

If you want impact protection, I saw some zip close molded plastic cases on Amazon that might be an option. Leather isn't the way to go if that's what you're looking for

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 14, 2019

Try one of these for divers

7F85E9A3-7FA4-4797-938A-9CCDEC44B1DB.jpeg

7. Daz4311 Aug 14, 2019

Unsure what to get..need a bit of protection..as cant wear watch whilst traveling on the plane as my wrists always seem to swell up and so end up talking watch of also whilst out of room in daytime it will be left in the safe,so want ot protected best way i can

8. Daz4311 Aug 14, 2019

Think i seen these whilst looking around,think i dismissed them but maybe a second look is in order

9. RoarLionsRoar Aug 14, 2019

Pick up the new PO's adjustable clasp from an Omega boutique for the wrist swelling problem. I added one to a Speedmaster because I liked it so much. Definitely worth the $120 or so to be able to adjust on the fly without tools.

I considered the ballistic nylon cases, but the watch bounces around inside of them. I wanted something that the watch securely fits around - like the center foam pillow of the Wolf. Not just sit in the middle of an open area. Still perfectly protected from scratches in the Wolf, and it isn't going to bounce around inside.

10. Daz4311 Aug 14, 2019

My watch,well it will be when i collect it is the planet ocean gmt with the black and white bezel,so i belive it has the adjustable band,but i never wear watch on the plane beacause of my wrists,also i fall asleep,i always end up banging my watch somehow,so now never wear watch until i arrive on vacation. Im determined to finfpd a case for it,im ocd and have decided i need one

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 14, 2019

What was the movie where they steal stuff out of the overhead locker backpacks on planes while passengers were asleep...:whistling:

12. mz_cle Aug 14, 2019

I use something just like this when traveling. It comfortably fits my my dive watches and also my 44m Hamilton mechanical (H696190), pictured below for reference. My experience is that the soft foam on the top and bottom of the clamshell keeps watches secure and prevents movement.

H696190.jpg
    Edited Aug 14, 2019
    STANDY and Daz4311 like this.
  13. Huus Aug 14, 2019

I am overseas traveling right now and carry one of these with me, the 2 watch model from Watchpod, bought on Amazon. And happy with this travel case. Your GMT will fit in there snuggly, it won't move around much. My 36mm DJ does move around a bit in it so I added some padding.
    Last year I used a Wolf single watch roll and sold it after my travels. I found it to bulky. The watch was well protected though.

mz_cle, Daz4311 and RoarLionsRoar like this.