Forums Latest Members

Anyone willing to offer an opinion on vintage OMEGA on ebay?

1. Delphic.bee Aug 28, 2013

Hello-

I'm a watch newbie looking to purchase a solid, not too pricey, vintage Omega for every day use. I'm interested in the vintage ladymatics and have been trying to figure out if this one on ebay is authentic.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Omega...195466543?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4ac8bddf2fPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This is a re-listing of the same watch, the original list did not include the image of the movement (though the one included in the new listing is a pretty poor image). Also I have asked for an image of the inside of the case or verification of numbers so that I can attempt to authenticate it but the seller does not seem willing to provide this info or a clear image of movement.. hmmm- I may have already answered my own question about authenticity- no?
    I've been searching the interwebs but have had no luck finding any information on what year this watch style was produced, if the area around the movement should have those letters or little cut marks, or if this watch should have unadjusted or adjusted movement... I hate asking for unsolicited advice, and if there are any sellers here I'd prefer to support this community than take my chances on ebay. I looked at the vintage watches for sale on this site but didn't see any ladymatics offered- though as a watch newbie it could very well be that I am mistaken in what this watch style is called :)

Thanks in advance!

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

I think it is more like 60-70 style but I could be wrong. Definetely not a Ladymatic since it is a manual wind movement.
    For me it looks legit, but definitely clearer picture in movement (to see the caliber and serial number which then lead to a better period range of manufacturing year) and inside case back (to see the reference number).

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 28, 2013

Its genuine but later than noted, more late 60s mid 70s, not 30s - 50s.

Appears to be gold plated since you an just make out a steel back in one photo.

I personally don't deal with sellers which are not willing to freely respond to my questions.

Either this seller is ignorant or arrogant, perhaps both, I'd move on to another piece.

4. Delphic.bee Aug 28, 2013

Ah yes- Of course (*headdesk*) the 'matic' refers to an automatic watch! What I am interested in is a manual movement Omega, not an automatic. I thought that perhaps Ladymatic was a reference to the over all style of this watch. This seller does not offer a return policy, with the original listing of the watch I'd asked for clear images of movement and inside of case, and if that was not possible to perhaps allow me to purchase it and have 7 days to get to a professional watch servicer to have it authenticated at my cost, as otherwise I'd have o recourse if it was not authentic. They didn't respond until the listing had ended and it was relisted with the single blurry image of the movement, and no mention of my request to be able to authenticate it. Also, it may just be the angle of the images, but it looks like the text at the bottom of the face is partially hidden by the bezel ( not sure if that is the correct term)- which made me wonder if this is a franken watch.

Thank you both for responding to my enquiry. If I were to attempt to search for a watch similar to this one on the Omega Forum's sale page, what search terms would be appropriate?

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

Unfortunately very seldom Omega lady watch offered in Sales section. Ebay probably is still your best friend. Look out for few trusted ebay vintage seller who also carry some lady watches. Let me check from mine if there is any.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

These are several ebay seller that you want to check (recommended by member in here or other forum)

333watch
    fabsuisse
    jmryshi
    marturx

You could also check these offering.....could be very affordable if you are lucky
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=221271723543Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/9k-SOLID...s_GL&hash=item1c35ea9356&_uhb=1#ht_7582wt_937Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Vintage-..._GL&hash=item5af47bb73b&_uhb=1#ht_1347wt_1136Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

pricier
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Ladies-1...ches&hash=item19e1250e31&_uhb=1#ht_4333wt_935Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

7. Hijak Aug 28, 2013

That last pricier one is redial I'm pretty sure!:(

8. Hijak Aug 28, 2013

That leather strapped one looks really good, condition wise.:thumbsup:

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 28, 2013

Ah you are right. It's midnight here and I am sleepy..........::yawn::

10. Delphic.bee Aug 28, 2013

Wow! Thank you for your thorough and considered responses; you guys are amazing! I'm going to follow X350 XJR's advice and avoid the seller who is withholding critical information. I'll save those watches and see if I get lucky, and if not I've now got a list of trusted ebay sellers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.