Anyone wearing their Reverso on steel? Recommendations wanted

Totally forgot to post it 🤦. A Reverso looks amazing on steel, but the right steel is elusive. The Forstner is a really nice bracelet, but it only looks good on a Reverso from a distance. The Reverso’s lug holes are closer to the watch than they are to the end of the lugs, so there is 1mm or so of lug ends hanging out. I might need to try and find a vintage bracelet that fits. I’ll actually write to Forstner today to see if they would make Reverso-specific end links. They’d do well selling it, and JLC would feel shame for not offering one to their customers - the ideal result in my eyes 😉

IMG_8290.jpeg IMG_8291.jpeg

Wow, it's really apparent once you point it out. It's one of those "once you see it you can't unsee it".

I guess the hunt continues.

Wow, it's really apparent once you point it out. It's one of those "once you see it you can't unsee it".

I guess the hunt continues.

Absolutely. Maybe the good people at Forstner will decide to make a BOR with deeper end links for a Reverso. I’d be very happy with that

Hi, this’s an interesting thread. Here’s an old picture of my reversos. Hopefully this “Bonklip”Ladder-Style bracelet brings it more of that 30s-40s chic?

Dunno … for me, the metal bracelet no longer frames the art deco coolness of the watch. Too much going on. Personally I want to get a more rustic strap for mine.

Totally forgot to post it 🤦. A Reverso looks amazing on steel, but the right steel is elusive. The Forstner is a really nice bracelet, but it only looks good on a Reverso from a distance. The Reverso’s lug holes are closer to the watch than they are to the end of the lugs, so there is 1mm or so of lug ends hanging out. I might need to try and find a vintage bracelet that fits. I’ll actually write to Forstner today to see if they would make Reverso-specific end links. They’d do well selling it, and JLC would feel shame for not offering one to their customers - the ideal result in my eyes 😉

IMG_8290.jpeg IMG_8291.jpeg

The “lugs sticking out” situation can’t be fixed by either changing the lug holes or by making better end links. Lugs weren’t out back in 1931,but they became a problem of modern (bigger) reversos,JLC has tried to cover it by thickening (the roots of) the strap,and curving the ends the case back,it seems only work for the small models.and the JLC bracelet doesn’t fit wrists well.
After all,you can’t change the classic proportion of the whole case.
Why try to cover it at all? It doesn’t look bad and there’s no rule of lugs can’t be sticking out a bit,as its signature.😁

Vintage Reverso bracelets have a deeper endlink design that works great with the lugs, as one imagines JLC would do. Why they don’t offer it anymore is a good question

IMG_8294.jpeg

Why they don’t offer it anymore? with all due respect,it’s an answer instead of a question.

JLC bracelet could only cope with those small models with even smaller lugs (pretty much like immature teeth) which was rather out of the original proposition.
I believe they don’t make those kind of reversos anymore,so the bracelets had to go.

The reason they don't offer them anymore is pretty simple, they weren't selling enough to keep it in production. Reversos just look better on a strap, it matches the era and vibe of the watch. Trying to make it a quasi-sports watch by adding a bracelet just wasn't going to work long term. JLC found that out and dropped them.

The reason they don't offer them anymore is pretty simple, they weren't selling enough to keep it in production. Reversos just look better on a strap, it matches the era and vibe of the watch. Trying to make it a quasi-sports watch by adding a bracelet just wasn't going to work long term. JLC found that out and dropped them.

Yah, you might be right

I accidentally tried it with my reverso classic medium !
How does it look? Agree that it is a bit masculin though ..
image.jpg
This one? The shape certainly mirrors a Reverso, but I wonder if it is too beefy?
IMG_0572.jpeg

My watchmaker had a Reverso on a BOR for sale about 5 or 6 years ago, but he was asking, to the best of my memory, about $3500, which is obviously way too much money 😬. It looked really good on a BOR

I accidentally tried it with my reverso classic medium !
How does it look? Agree that it is a bit masculin though ..
image.jpg

Nice watch, and welcome to the forum 👍

Thank you for sharing your photo. Now that I see it together, I think that art deco purists would find flaws in that pairing. But with everything in life. If you love it then go for it.