Forums Latest Members
  1. Larsinsweden Jul 3, 2020

This one was my dads, but I can’t find another seamaster 30 image online with this arm bracelet online. I’m guessing people in here would know maybe more or info about it.
    Thinking of looking up its value.

209A9386-067D-4ACA-AF7E-A552F46C55A5.jpeg EF8DD1E0-870F-4711-996E-A6118C7C24D6.jpeg F7C16D57-B82A-48EF-96E7-B9EFB8A735FB.jpeg
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 3, 2020

The bracelet isn't by Omega, its an expanding Speidel or flexo type fitted by the jeweller, they were not expensive. The watch is nice but not mega valuable, search on ebay for Seamaster 30 for sold examples, the bracelet is not particularly nice.

DaveK and connieseamaster like this.
  3. wilderbeast Jul 3, 2020

These expanding bracelets also have a habit of damaging the lugs, so I would advise removing it and replacing with a good-quality leather strap if you are looking to wear it (after getting it serviced, if it hasn’t been done recently).

Edward53 likes this.
  4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jul 3, 2020

Still, the dial, case and hands look nice.

5. SkunkPrince Jul 3, 2020

The bracelets with expanding ends do. Fixed ends do not.

Nothing to worry about here, keep the bracelet if it fits and you like it.

6. Larsinsweden Jul 3, 2020

Thanks for the information, the watch was my dads i got before his passing in person that he got from some work. (Was his favorite)
    Im not going to use it, just store it since it works as memory of him.
    When I was 17 I got to use it once to keep track of time on a holiday with him abroad (I was so proud, stupid me thinking everything was gold at that time) hehe
    That’s the memory this watch holds and I’ll store it until I die or pass it forward later in life I guess.
    It’s my precious. :)

But thanks for the information about the money value side and the bracelet info was just what I needed because that was a real puzzle to me.

I just have one question since I’m not in the clock scene at all personally, servicing this watch would it bring down the value overtime or something like that.
    Just wanna make sure I don’t do anything bad to the value or something.
    To my knowledge it has never been serviced at all, but I’ll have to ask mom if she can remember.

And thanks again very much for the great answers!

7. SkunkPrince Jul 3, 2020

Servicing the movement will not change the value. Some other interventions might, like replacing the crown with something not original, or refinishing the case. Replacing the crystal is usually OK unless it's totally different from the original.

8. amcclell Jul 4, 2020

If you got it serviced and wore it regularly, it would do no harm whatsoever to the watch and it would still be in good shape to pass along to the next generation when the time comes. The movements in these last a lifetime if taken care of and there are still plenty of parts available now, if anything is worn from past neglect. I have a couple of old 1950's watches with Speidel expansion bands and I like them. They remind me of my grandfathers who both had nice watches but wore cheap Speidel bands on them.