Anyone seen this combination before?

I am about to take this Ladies 18k Gold Deville to a jeweler to pop the back off to get more identification information. Watch is working. What we know from the paperwork and box: My wife ordered and purchased in 1998 from a jeweler in Ohio. No longer in business. According to other information we have found the Serial is 55510317, which indicates its a 1995 model (There is another number above the serial on the box with a barcode 041601500). However, when researching on the web, including the Omega Vintage section of their site, we cannot find another watch that has this exact combination. We either find one that has diamonds also around the bezel or it has diamond indicators like ours, but is gold and stainless, not all gold. We are wanting to get some more information and determine approximate value before putting back into our deposit box for our kids. It is a beautiful watch, but does show some scratches on the bracelet and case. I am just curious if anyone has seen this combination before?

As it’s a women watch from that period....

gold plus diamond scrap plus $500? Since diamonds that size are not very valuable...

Gold plus 500 is about right.

these had lots of dial options, and the omega database is incomplete esp for ladies models.

.................... I am just curious if anyone has seen this combination before?

Even if you nail down the specific reference number, you may never pin down the dial.

While some may think that Omega produced a huge array of dials for a particular reference in gents watches, it's nothing compared to the variety they issued for ladies watches.

Men wanted a watch to tell the time.

Omega obliged.

Women wanted a watch that was attractive, fashionable, unique and told the time.

Omega obliged.

As it’s a women watch from that period....

gold plus diamond scrap plus $500? Since diamonds that size are not very valuable...

Gold plus 500 is about right.

these had lots of dial options, and the omega database is incomplete esp for ladies models.
I appreciate that, but I didnt ask for value to sell to a pawn shop. Watches like this on the market I have seen so far have sold for thousands of dollars recently, so for just value to be stored away in a safe deposit box and insurance appraisal, it is a bit more than just gold weight and diamonds. I will try to get some more information when I get the back off.

Even if you nail down the specific reference number, you may never pin down the dial.

While some may think that Omega produced a huge array of dials for a particular reference in gents watches, it's nothing compared to the variety they issued for ladies watches.

Men wanted a watch to tell the time.

Omega obliged.

Women wanted a watch that was attractive, fashionable, unique and told the time.

Omega obliged.
Very helpful. Thank you. I will get the back off and try to nail it down some more.

Gold and stainless, you said. A karat gold case with a stainless back, or what? Usually, gold cases had gold case backs, as well.

I appreciate that, but I didnt ask for value to sell to a pawn shop. Watches like this on the market I have seen so far have sold for thousands of dollars recently, so for just value to be stored away in a safe deposit box and insurance appraisal, it is a bit more than just gold weight and diamonds. I will try to get some more information when I get the back off.

Just because you have seen watches listed for a certain price, does not mean that they sell for for that price. Watches from the 90s are not generally sought after at this time, and women's watches even less so. The valuation @Foo2rama gave you is correct, and pretty much anyone here will agree.

Gold and stainless, you said. A karat gold case with a stainless back, or what? Usually, gold cases had gold case backs, as well.

I think he was referring to other watches which were gold plate.

If it’s Quartz (which it is) make sure you take the battery out before you put it in the safe....
Otherwise the battery will leak and damage the movement and ruin the dial.

I think he was referring to other watches which were gold plate.
That’s correct I was comparing. This one is all 18k yellow gold.

All 18k yellow gold. Was comparing to what we saw.

Thanks. I had not seen that one yet. Yes face is similar, just the band is a 18k YG bracelet.
I had been searching on US eBay.

Thanks. I had not seen that one yet. Yes face is similar, just the band is a 18k YG bracelet.

Should give you a price guide anyway.

your insurance will be a replacement policy so just a new one. Unless you want to get an agreed value policy which makes little sense for a single more modern piece. No need for an appraisal with replacement policies. Just make sure the original purchase price is in the limits of you home owners policy. If not get an additional jewelry rider. Your hurting yourself by getting an appraisal and an agreed value policy even if it’s a typical 2x valuation appraisal. Again replacement value will be a new one that is similar. A ladies gold (of same proof) of similar size and dial. Which is more then yours is worth.

2nd I didn’t give you a pawn shop price. I gave you the going price if you tried to buy one on eBay or found a similar one for sale.

there is zero market for these, no one buys these, especially and I’m sorry to say one with dated styling such as yours. Sure people may be asking for 2-3x value on eBay for one but that doesn’t mean it will sell.
Edited:

I had been searching on US eBay.
The example is in Texas. Price shows in GBP because I am in the uk

your insurance will be a replacement policy so just a new one. Unless you want to get an agreed value policy which makes little sense for a single more modern piece. No need for an appraisal with replacement policies. Just make sure the original purchase price is in the limits of you home owners policy. If not get an additional jewelry rider. Your hurting yourself by getting an appraisal and an agreed value policy even if it’s a typical 2x valuation appraisal. Again replacement value will be a new one that is similar. A ladies gold (of same proof) of similar size and dial. Which is more then yours is worth.

2nd I didn’t give you a pawn shop price. I gave you the going price if you tried to buy one on eBay or found a similar one for sale.

there is zero market for these, no one buys these, especially and I’m sorry to say one with dated styling such as yours. Sure people may be asking for 2-3x value on eBay for one but that doesn’t mean it will sell.
My apologies for the misunderstanding. Missed the "plus 500" on the orginal. Probably just gonna skip the insurance value then and just store it or let the kids decide.