Forums Latest Members
  1. kip595 Aug 3, 2020

Hi guys; if I'm honest I'm more curious about this one than anything else; I can't remember ever seeing a similar dial design on a watch that is according to the seller a 36.5mm case. No Swiss markings on the dial of any kind. Movement seems ok aside from probably a good cleaning?

Re-dial, fake, legit? It's quirkier than most I come across.

jumbo omega 2.jpg jumbo omega 1.jpeg

2. TexOmega Aug 3, 2020

Omega used that font on the "2's"

mine is a circa 1945 bumper but not 36mm

Pre Seamaster bumper 1945.JPG

DaveK, Benbradstock and kip595 like this.
  3. JwRosenthal Aug 3, 2020

Dial looks legit to me, albeit with a bit more wabi-Sabi than I would like. The full 6 and sub-second speaks to it being a “jumbo” which would indeed put it around 36.5, a lovely size for these. That said, case looks heavily polished and I beleive I see a bent lug at 7- top right in the back shot. If it is indeed bent, that requires a jeweler to bend it back and it’s not just bending but heating the case to soften it and manipulate it without distorting the case...not simple and not cheap.
    Otherwise, it’s cool looking.

DaveK, Benbradstock and Foo2rama like this.
  4. kip595 Aug 3, 2020

@JwRosenthal you are correct, plated gold has been polished and lug is bent.

Seller wants a bit more than I'd go on such a project, but did want to learn a bit about it. So thanks as always guys :)

5. JwRosenthal Aug 3, 2020

The bent lug could be tweaked by a competent watchmaker (or skilled enthusiast since is not as soft as gold, but can still deform the case (back won’t go back on-yikes).
    the tell on the jumbos is the full 6, the normally smaller ones only have a partial 6. I personally love the gilded numerals on these and the font is spectacular- one of my fav’s. Even in its current shape it’s cool looking and I could be tempted to wear it even though it breaks all my rules in condition....but it would have to be cheap

Benbradstock likes this.
  6. seekingseaquest Aug 3, 2020

Looks legit to me, and I really like the dial variation aside from the patina.

For reference.. sold on eBay a week ago:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/293656856678Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

CBE0BEEF-27F8-451B-99FA-91D842FBED3B.jpeg

DaveK, Benbradstock and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 3, 2020

Same watch. Look at the scratch on the dial between 2 & 3

8. JwRosenthal Aug 3, 2020

Uh-oh, someone is trying to bail on their mistake. Hey @kip595 - what is the guy asking now?

Benbradstock likes this.
  9. kip595 Aug 3, 2020

No service history, but running and working 332 movement acc to seller. Actually looking at comps if anyone is yearning for this one it's probably not the worst deal in the world...*edit due to new posts: actually, it's not too far fetched, something like 475 or 495. Openly state negotiable, so probably just seeing if he can get by on a quick flip.

Nothing really 'wrong', I'd imagine they bit off more (or more 'patina') than they could chew. - Terrible joke, I know, I know...