Anyone put standard Speedy hands on their FOIS...and are happy they did?

Posts
7,320
Likes
23,727
I think the FOIS is a great daily wearer, but the two main hands (especially minute) are not greatly visible in dim light settings.

Has anyone made the change to white Speedmaster hands (I seem to recall seeing it somewhere around...) and are happy in retrospect that they did, or are there regrets?
 
Posts
795
Likes
1,159
That is good looking.

... is .... .

Nice choice of leather rally strap too.
Edited:
 
Posts
7,320
Likes
23,727
This is my FOIS. The dial, hands and crown got swapped.

Is that a 60th dial? If so, are they obtainable without exchange?
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
Is that a 60th dial? If so, are they obtainable without exchange?

No, it’s a replica dial. Check your PM.

Edit : dial and hands have been relumed
Edited:
 
Posts
7,320
Likes
23,727
No, it’s a replica dial. Check your PM.

Edit : dial and hands have been relumed

Interesting...my re-lumer claims he can’t re-lume Luminova.
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
Interesting...my re-lumer claims he can’t re-lume Luminova.

Maybe he can’t. But the guy who built that watch can...
 
Posts
7,320
Likes
23,727
Maybe he can’t. But the guy who built that watch can...

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I should have asked whether the lume was removed, and re-applied, or a thin layer of tinted lume was applied over the original.

So to make sure I understand this: the Speedy Replica dial (from years ago, which came with the broad arrow hands) can be swapped with the FOIS?
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I should have asked whether the lume was removed, and re-applied, or a thin layer of tinted lume was applied over the original.

Ask @photo500 ... I beleive that one above is his work. And he has done quite a few already.

So to make sure I understand this: the Speedy Replica dial (from years ago, which came with the broad arrow hands) can be swapped with the FOIS?

yup.
 
Posts
677
Likes
1,277
No, it’s a replica dial. Check your PM.

Edit : dial and hands have been relumed

It’s not a replica dial. It’s a replacement dial that has been relumed. It’s a genuine Omega dial.
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
It’s not a replica dial. It’s a replacement dial that has been relumed. It’s a genuine Omega dial.

The 'Replica' is a geniune Omega Speedmaster...i.e. this is the watch the dial most likely comes from.
 
Posts
677
Likes
1,277
The 'Replica' is a geniune Omega Speedmaster...i.e. this is the watch the dial most likely comes from.

Got it ! Sorry for the confusion. « Replica » has different meanings...
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
Got it ! Sorry for the confusion. « Replica » has different meanings...

I know 😉 I thought it was clear from the context (of speedmasters) ... but that is a poor nickname for that watch ... as its nothing like a replica of the 2915 in anyway at all!
 
Posts
1,084
Likes
6,012
This is my FOIS. The dial, hands and crown got swapped.

I find it so beautiful, I can't stop looking at it. Where did you have it done ?
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
I find it so beautiful, I can't stop looking at it. Where did you have it done ?
LewisWatcho based on the above comments about it being a “Lewis special.”
 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,346
This is my FOIS. The dial, hands and crown got swapped.

Wow, I've always liked but not quite loved the FOIS, this however takes it up a notch. Make that several notches!