Forums Latest Members

Anyone looking for a 1957 trilogy set?

1. watchlovr Feb 26, 2023

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 26, 2023

Sadly these sets never really seemed to be in demand. Selling at that price means the owner probably sold it to the vendor for the high teens. If those are photos of the actual watches they seem to have been worn very little.

3. Syzygy Feb 26, 2023

IIRC, a full set with presentation box signed by David Scott sold for $21k 4 or 5 years ago. I was interested, but couldn’t justify the price at the time and opted to “build my own set” if you will figuring it could be done for less (w/o the awesome Scott autograph albeit).

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 26, 2023

Underrated watches these. I am glad people still mostly believe in the faux-tina myth ... it means that a lot of watches can still be had for good value imho ...

M'Bob, Scarecrow Boat and Omegafanman like this.
  5. SC1 Feb 26, 2023

I own the two of the three I prefer most... and while I did consider the set a couple years ago I was seriously put off by the "xxx Trilogy" on the dials.
    Wishing Ω had placed that on the caseback or elsewhere.

Evitzee, KeithS, Rudi99 and 4 others like this.
  6. cristos71 Feb 26, 2023

This 100%

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 26, 2023

I do not find the extra text off-putting in person. Blown up on screen it is a lot more noticeable.

Indices and SC1 like this.
  8. SC1 Feb 26, 2023

Agreed, in person it is more subtle -- but I still didn't care for it: seemed too novel and too obvious ~ watch nerds all know what the Trilogy is (so it's just a flex of "I had the coin for the entire set bro") while non-watch folk won't give a shit + add the LE number to it and it all struck me as very "Topps Baseball Cards".

To my mind if you're honoring an important advance in anything (watches, etc) and paying tribute to it by basically recreating that "thing" but with some modern advances (materials, movement, bracelet, etc)... the look, in this case the dial most critically, has to stay 1:1 in all ways.
    Very happy Ω left the individually available dials alone.

9. 64Wing Feb 26, 2023

Curiously, the Omega image on their website and the 'teilogy' speedy I looked at in person did not have this printing on the dial. I almost bought the thing for $6,250 but I just couldn't swing it at the time.

I do still very much find myself drawn to the trilogy speedmaster. Would love to own one, but I'm not playing the inflation game to the tune of an additional $2500-3500 over its original price.

SC1 likes this.
  10. SC1 Feb 26, 2023

Yep, that would be because the Speedmaster you viewed wasn't part of the box set.

And double yep, paying over is total bullshit.

11. 64Wing Feb 26, 2023

That was my hunch. Only really interested in the speedy, so the lack of text on an independent unit is a bonus. No joke though, if someone was willing to play ball on price I'd buy one

SC1 likes this.