Forums Latest Members
  1. Y.S. May 24, 2014

Hi,

It's an ongoing project of mine. I want to connect a 551 movement to a 167.005 omega constellation, and I guess I need two clamps and two screws in order to do so.
    Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. John R Smith May 24, 2014

You really need the Omega part number. These case clamps and screws are around on eBay, but there are many model variations. Be prepared to be shocked by the cost! I have found this chap to be very helpful in the past, he stocks far more than he can list. It's worth an e-mail to find out.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 24, 2014

Case clamps for ref. 1670005 are part #72205501974A. Case screws for Cal. 550 are 1072255.

Cheers, Al

MtV and Darlinboy like this.
  4. John R Smith May 24, 2014

This makes me think I should get some spares for my bumper 3xx movements. I just know that one day, despite all my precautions, I am going to drop one of the little devils and the carpet will swallow it up for ever . . . :(

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 24, 2014

I've found that buying a spare will typically preclude my ever needing it. Parts I don't have, however, are always needed.

This applies to all products, not just watches BTW.

I call this phenomemon the "Scarcity Rule of Spares." ::censored::

ChrisN and John R Smith like this.
  6. John R Smith May 24, 2014

You're a Speedy man, aren't you? It seems to me that Speedy chaps have no qualms about taking their watches to bits, and will happily have the movement out, dial off, and be polishing up all their little pushers and things while they watch Man Utd on the telly and eat their supper at the same time. Good on you :thumbsup: Whereas most of the dress watch types are really timid about just taking the back off to get the movement serial number, let alone undoing any little screws . . . :eek:

7. Y.S. May 25, 2014

Thank you all, this is very helpful.