Forums Latest Members
  1. Ravineman Jan 17, 2016

Hi all,
    I am new here and have really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful watches here.
    The two watches shown below were my fathers. I am guessing they are 1950 - 1960s Omegas.JPG After enjoying them for 25 years it would be nice to learn something about them.
    Anything I could learn about them would be great as I know absolutely nothing about them.

Thanks

Etp095 likes this.
  2. arkstfan Jan 17, 2016

One on the right is a Seatmaster, not seen one with lugs like that. Hands good shape, looking at the dial I think late 50's.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 17, 2016

Looks like the Seamaster dial has been repainted at some point. The font of "seamaster" is wrong and "Swiss made" is in the wrong spot.

We would need better photos to say more, ideally of the inside of the watches also

efauser likes this.
  4. hugo Jan 18, 2016

5. Ravineman Jan 18, 2016

Thanks for your input.

I do know a few minor things about the watch on the right. The bracelet was added by my dad. The only repair ever done on the watch on the right was done my sister years ago when the crown was replaced with a non-Omega part when the watch was serviced. I checked with her and the face was never repainted. On closer inspection the watch on the right has a gray face. The watch on the right is also original and has never been opened. I am tempted to put a gold bracelet on it .... but being my dads watch I am hesitant to alter it in any way, but some of the bracelets here are stunning. I will take better pictures of the front and back, but don't really want to open the case.

I was reading on here for hours last night. I have nice small watch collection, IWC 2 Patek Philippe, 2 Piaget Polos and honestly never suspected anyone other than me loved watches. Guess I was wrong. Thanks again

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2016

Love to see photos of the others

7. ConElPueblo Jan 18, 2016

I think you'll find that at some point, the watch has had its dial repainted, perhaps due to moisture damage or so, it's rather common with older watches, as "originality" wasn't as high a priority as "functionality" when these were newer :)
    Do a search on Google or on this forum "Seamaster hooded lugs" and you'll find several different pictures and posts about them, but if you'll want to know anything specific, you'll have to get them opened to see the reference and serial numbers - but that is necessary to get them serviced anyway ;)

Lovely pair of watches and a nice way of having something to remember your father by.

Do post more of your collection :thumbsup:

8. Ravineman Jan 18, 2016

i am having trouble getting decent pictures .... but will try again later.
    Here are my two favorites ... besides my dads Omegas

faves.JPG
  9. ConElPueblo Jan 18, 2016

Did you get the one on the right from your uncle?

Taddyangle and repoman like this.
  10. Ravineman Jan 18, 2016

Very good guess and you are close ..... the Patek Philippe was a gift from my brother in law.

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2016

Any chance of some closer shots of the Patek? Caseback, etc?

Josh36912 likes this.
  12. italy1861 Jan 18, 2016

::popcorn::

repoman likes this.
  13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 18, 2016

You may want to have a chat to your BIL.

:coffee:

Geo! and repoman like this.
  14. redpcar Jan 18, 2016

..............and ask if he has made many trips to China
    ::popcorn::

Josh36912 and repoman like this.
  15. Ravineman Jan 18, 2016

yes he makes many trips to China, and yes its a fake .... good catch. Just threw that in to see how sharp you guys are, and you passed !
    All the other watches are 100% legit. I will try and take better pictures

16. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2016

::facepalm1::

Taddyangle and gophishin like this.
  17. flyingout Jan 18, 2016

I'll say. Wrong second hand.
    [​IMG]

18. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2016

I don't feel like we need to pass some test of yours. Really

Mark020, Taddyangle, Kuki and 4 others like this.
  19. Ravineman Jan 18, 2016

Sorry, please don't be offended. It was not my intent.

20. Willem023 Jan 19, 2016

Because you are new on this forum, we just might forgive you.....
    To explain a bit: it is considered a Cardinal Sin (yes, with capitals), to waste our or anyone's time with fake watches. We tend to be of the puristic breed here, and like to keep things 'clean'.
    Only in that way, a intellectual discussion and in-depth exchange of knowledge will take place, although sometime peppered with humour.

I sincerely hope the mod's will not block you from the forum, but at the same time will not oppose at all if they do.

Only fake people wear fake