Forums Latest Members

Anyone here wear an Everest or Rubber B rubber strap on a Planet Ocean 2500?

1. Redbirdsfan70 Nov 10, 2019

For nearly a year I've been contemplating putting an Everest or Rubber B rubber strap on my Planet Ocean 2500. I especially love the look of the Everest straps. I did some research and found on here that someone fit a Rubber B strap to their Tintin. This got me excited because I've put straps meant for the 2500 PO on my Speedy Pros and they fit like a charm. For example, the OEM Rally Strap with deployant perfectly fits the 2500 PO and a Speedy Pro.

I figured Everest and Rubber B would fit similarly so I bought a black Everest strap meant for the Yachtmaster based on the recommendation of the OF member wearing a Rubber B on his Tintin. He had a red one for his Yachtmaster and it fit his Tintin quite well.

I got the strap in today and...it doesn't seat to the watch case at all and completely defeats the purpose of the snug to the lugs look.

Does anyone here have experience putting an Everest or Rubber B strap on their 42mm Planet Ocean 2500? I'd love to hear if anyone has gotten it to fit and if they did what version they purchased. I really wish Everest and Rubber B would make straps for Omega too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks!

2. larryganz The cable guy Nov 10, 2019

I have only tried my Everest blue rubber strap on my Speedmaster X-33 Solar Impulse LE, and it fit perfectly. I regret that I cannot find the photo, but the watch is now on a Ti bracelet and I don't wish to swap it back right now.

3. dinexus Nov 10, 2019

Ooh, this is interesting info. Which Rolex model was that blue strap supposed to be for?

4. larryganz The cable guy Nov 10, 2019

My GMT II BLNR (Mk1 Oyster, not Jubilee)

dinexus likes this.