Forums Latest Members
  1. Pahawi Jan 12, 2015

2. flame Speedmaster Neil Jan 12, 2015

Hi

I was a little surprised how much this sold for in the end....dial has good potential....however , only 1x photo (incorrect BCT) and only 1x Service in 50yrs (which pretty much guarantees the Buyer is going to need to get it Serviced @ £300 - £400 GBP).

The Seller was certainly fairly 'savvy' for his age....at least he topped his pension up for 2015 :)

Best - Neil

3. Davidt Jan 12, 2015

I tried to make a play for this but the seller was perhaps the most unhelpful I have ever come across.

I emailed on the first day asking for any more info and some extra pictures. He emailed back saying he didn't know what else to add.

I emailed again saying that's fine but could I see some more pics. He then replied saying he didn't or couldn't take anymore.

As it was fairly local I then asked if I could view the watch in person, to which he replied, "sorry, I'm happy with the current bid so not interested in any more interest".

Fair enough.

4. imexian Jan 12, 2015

Yes i know what you mean, seemed pretty well up on ebay, pc etc for 80 year old!! and knew about a fairly high starting price as well!!
    And asked for more history, info, didnt get much back. like all of you!!
    I bought a mint 1967 321 for 4k, so i think i was about right??
    I made contact but gave up, i said it needs service after buying etc, offered a great price as well...3K cash, ah well, cie la vie!!
    Regards,
    Ian