Anyone have any advice?

Posts
24,803
Likes
55,105
That’s interesting you found it on chrono24.

Who knows maybe the seller did not get his price and bought it back himself using another account.

It did seem very strange that the bid went from around $320 to $466 in the last seconds of the auction.

This is normal, and the typical bidding pattern on eBay. If you want to win auctions, you'll need to learn about it.

In looking at the bids, I don't see any signs of shill bidding. Three bidders with substantial feedback scores tried to snipe it, all within about 30CAD. Looks 100% legit to me. Moreover, I don't think 466CAD is outrageous for that watch, some people like those dials. Most likely the seller had it on Chrono24 but then got tired of having it sit around and decided to put it in an eBay auction.

https://www.ebay.ca/bfl/viewbids/203278498086?item=203278498086&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,705
This is normal, and the typical bidding pattern on eBay. If you want to win auctions, you'll need to learn about it.

In looking at the bids, I don't see any signs of shill bidding. Three bidders with substantial feedback scores tried to snipe it, all within about 30CAD. Looks 100% legit to me. Moreover, I don't think 466CAD is outrageous for that watch, some people like those dials. Most likely the seller had it on Chrono24 but then got tired of having it sit around and decided to put it in an eBay auction.

https://www.ebay.ca/bfl/viewbids/203278498086?item=203278498086&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

It was only very recently put on C24 which is why I was a bit confused... Seems like it was put up there prior to the auction ended.
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
24,803
Likes
55,105
It was only very recently put on C24 which is why I was a bit confused... Seems like it was put up there prior to the auction ended.

That's weird.
 
Posts
232
Likes
137
Thanks Dan for looking into the bidding history to give me your opinion.

since I’m new to looking at older vintage watches is good to have insight into what these watches fetch at auction.

Thanks