Forums Latest Members

Anyone else have orders in the UK with DHL that are un-accoutned for?

1. DJG2645 Jan 15, 2021

Hi OF'er's,

Hope everyone is doing well!

As per the threat title, I ordered a watch (new Globemaster) via C24 on 14th Dec, the delivery estimate (which I totally appreciate was an estimate) was between 30th Dec - 7th Jan. I haven't received any tracking ID and the watch has not arrived as yet. I have messaged the seller each time for an update and was last told there was approx a 1 week delay. So on Tuesday I messaged to ask if it will arrive Thursday (today, accounting for 1 week delay from 7th) he replied to say "DHL have it and he will message when he physically has it in hand". As this was so vague we spoke on the phone and he basically said the watch is in the UK somewhere with DHL and it keeps changing location every time he looks & there is no information as to when he will receive it so we just have to be patient (which I am practicing the art of...kind of) :D.

I completely understand with Brexit & Covid there are a) much bigger things to worry about than a delayed package and b) delays are to be expected. I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else is experiencing the same as that would give me a bit of reassurance, as this is my first big purchase from C24 thought it wise to check in with the experts - I used the Escrow service and C24 have emailed to say I can get a refund if I wish but I want to be fair and give the seller a chance to get the watch to me and not do anything rash - unless this all smells dodgy and you fine people think I should get a refund asap :unsure:.

Best wishes
    Dave
    p.s any blue GM photo's for me to drool over while I wait will be well received :thumbsup:,

2. amfalconer Jan 15, 2021

Sorry Dave,

Have you had this information from DHL, or the seller?

Where was the seller based?

Only ask as I used to work for DHL, and their logistics are pretty good.

3. duc Jan 15, 2021

The seller ought to be able to provide you with the tracking number. If he doesn't, be suspicious.

Once you have it, be prepared for tedium. I have a couple of parcels coming from Europe to the East Coast. The updates listed after a parcel hits the US are almost impossible to decipher. For my situation, every package that comes in lists a delivery date that is not met. In my latest case, the first of two I am to receive was going to arrive yesterday (that is until this morning). Now it shows delivery date unknown. The last reported activity was "handed off for delivery", posted on the 11th. Their activity/location reporting is a complete mystery to me.

Back to your situation, getting a tracking number to confirm it has in fact been despatched seems simple and basic. I'd start there.

DJG2645 likes this.
  4. DJG2645 Jan 15, 2021

Hi @amfalconer - thanks for the reply. the seller is based in the UK, he said they have a consignment of watches with DHL so for security reasons (to protect the delivery) they cannot give me their tracking number and will provide one as soon as they receive it and then ship it out to me.

5. amfalconer Jan 15, 2021

Hi Dave,

That sounds a bit sketchy to me, where is it you're based?

Also did you do any due diligence on the seller before purchase, if so, were you satisfied all was above board?

Generally DHL will issue a waybill number on booking of the collection/delivery which can be used to track the parcel, or as soon as it is deposited at a depot or via the DHL service points on the high street.

6. DJG2645 Jan 15, 2021

It is starting to feel a bit sketchy, I am based in Surrey UK and the shop is based in Central London.

I did carry out as much due diligence as I could, they get good reviews on google & trust pilot and of course C24 (but I focused more on google and trust pilot) - they have a physical shop/offices in London and are present on Companies House.

I am starting to lean towards perhaps getting a refund, I think the service so far is making me nervous about any after sales service.

7. amfalconer Jan 15, 2021

Ok, well it sounds as if you have done everything right, and a bricks and mortar shop is less of a threat than an 'unknown' on the internet.

No way on earth that a watch should take more than a day or so to get from their depot in London to yours, depending on where they are, it might even be the same depot.. there's only a handful around that area.

Seems like they are either sandbagging for some reason, or they haven't dispatched it yet.

If it were me, I'd be in touch to state if you don't have an update on its whereabouts, or estimated delivery you'll be requesting a refund. It's been a month since purchase, and I'm sure it wasn't a cheap piece.

If it's really in DHL's network, which I doubt, then I suspect he'll either try to talk you out of it, or stum up a tracking number.

I'd you're happy to, would you PM me the name of the shop?

connieseamaster and DJG2645 like this.
  8. Capt Cave Man Jan 15, 2021

Hello Dave

I feel for you :(

From what I understand it sounds as if they have a consignment of watches being delivered to themselves via DHL which includes your GM and they are waiting on their delivery before they can forward on your watch i.e. they didn't have one in stock and have had to order one in.

If their consignment coming from the EU there have been issues/delays and some carriers are currently not delivering to the UK so it could be that it's wrapped up in these issues and they are delaying because of this, all hypothetical of course. As @amfalconer has mentioned you can threaten a refund if there is no further information, either way, waiting a bit longer or requesting a refund your money is in C24s escrow service, not the seller's account.

It's just a shame as it's impacting on your excitement upon receiving your new GM :thumbsdown:

9. Franco Jan 15, 2021

Hi Dave
    I had a package from Italy (non-watch) sent on the 17th December. DHL express, normally two days. It got here in UK on the 27th and to my house on 30th Dec.
    So, ten days more than normal. Do not know why, I guess t ha something to do either with new import regulations, or more likely queues and delays occurring at source not to clog the system down at DHL depots.

DJG2645 likes this.
  10. wristpirate Jan 15, 2021

This sounds the most likely scenario. A fair few online dealers of new watches will only order your watch in once the customer has confirmed and paid. Essentially like a broker rather than a dealer with actual stock. Did you know that going into the purchase?

DJG2645 likes this.
  11. amfalconer Jan 15, 2021

As @Capt Cave Man mentioned this would make more sense if they don't physically have the watch as yet, I rather naively assumed that this was a delay tactic by the seller.

Hope it's all resolved to your satisfaction, the blue GM is a gorgeous watch.

Edited Jan 15, 2021
    DJG2645 likes this.
  12. khanmu Jan 15, 2021

I'm with @Capt Cave Man - sounds like they are waiting for an incoming order from the EU or elsewhere - I've had watches sent to me in the UK mid Dec and in Jan, and they have arrived next day using Royal Mail Special Delivery (about £11) and DHL. If you are in Surrey they could even have hopped into an Uber from London and delivered it the same day ...

Anyway, hope it turns up safely, it really is a lovey watch. I took mine off the original original strap and wear it on a blue croc quick release strap from watchgecko, which only costs about £30 and is a close colour match to the Omega one...it also also looks good on the brown croc one - link here:

https://www.watchgecko.com/kington-croco-dress-quick-release-watch-strap

Here are a couple of photos on said strap:

IMG_3379.jpeg

1112511-2c22e6b9ca5f04657ecb63fd2a9deec3.jpg

13. kaplan Jan 15, 2021

Not the same, but DHL related;

I ordered 3 things with DHL's cheapest standard untracked option, it became a thing when covid hit the worldwide posting

I guess the first one was in August, then September, then October - none of them arrived and no trace - to this day, I ordered maybe close to 2,000 things online, these 3 was the only ones to get lost - I still have hope they will turn out one day, one of them was a rare Ladies Constellation

DJG2645 likes this.
  14. spinnaker11 Jan 15, 2021

DJG2645 likes this.
  15. DJG2645 Jan 15, 2021

Thanks all for the replies, really useful and as @Capt Cave Man has mentioned I suspected the same, they don't actually have the watch yet and were sourcing it from EU or elsewhere. The bit I found strange was them telling me it is with DHL somewhere in the UK and keeps moving around - that bit seems a little fishy.

I think I will message the seller again for an update and see what they come back with and if they are still vague I will consider whether to get a refund and start my hunt again.

@khanmu the pics have helped remind me how much I love the GM - and thanks for the strap recommendation, I will check that out as that's been keeping me occupied while I wait for the GM to show up.

I hope the others on this thread waiting on deliveries get those soon too!

Thanks again all, really appreciate the help! :)

khanmu, Capt Cave Man and wristpirate like this.
  16. DJG2645 Jan 15, 2021

I messaged the seller and got another very vague message saying he spoke to his business partner who told him to inform me since the new customs regulations they are getting delayed shipments. They aim for a shipment Tuesday or Wednesday next week and I would receive the following.

I asked specifically for a date of when the watch will arrive by them, Given I was told Monday the watch was somewhere in the UK (Dulwich) and now he is saying they are expecting a shipment and to me it is not clear what the "following" means, next day, week, month I think I have to admit defeat and request a refund from C24. A shame but these things happen & the hunt can continue in due course :).

Edited Jan 15, 2021