Anyone else collect knives?

Posts
18,752
Likes
38,915
Very nice! To bad 'flipper' knives are banned where I live 😬
Can be "dis-armed".

 
Posts
272
Likes
442
Can be "dis-armed".

Actually, I talked to the police, and they categorize flipper knives as automatic knives since they can be opened with one hand or with a quick flicking motion.


Even though you can dismantle the mechanism, I’m not sure I want to take the risk of ordering one online.
 
Posts
96
Likes
201
$1200 usd Spyderco?



I liked it until I saw the price
Sell a lot of Spyderco and the markup is huge. No diff on this piece. It's still a nice knife.

One of my fav's actually isn't a knife that I bought, but it was a gift from a friend that runs a Chic-Fil-A franchise.
Very hard working guy and his Dad makes knives in Pakistan by hand.

It's not very sharp, and I'm not going to put it on a wet stone so I just use it as a letter opener.

 
Posts
16,900
Likes
48,108
$1200 usd Spyderco?



I liked it until I saw the price
That Spyderco Damascus bit on the handle is the $800 part of that knife.

Will be worth a bit in years to come….

As a Spyderco fan that gets a lot of mules being one of a few that are in the Mule team
 
Posts
6,480
Likes
22,016
I really like my Slym and it's my favorite edc now. There's a hard to describe feeling of refinement when holding it. It's sharp too. No regreets.

However, I would like to try the new Thyn. I think I'd chose the slightly smaller knife. The Slym fits my hand perfectly and doesn't take up much pocket space. My hand doesn't catch on it going in and out of my pocket. But I think a 14% smaller Slym might be a nicer edc. At least I'd like to compare. For anyone interested.

 
Posts
3,315
Likes
9,957
$1200 usd Spyderco?



I liked it until I saw the price
It is a great knife, but to quote Bob Loveless when he was talking to a collector that had paid an excessive amount for one of his knifes, because it had Bobs name on it " I would not pay that amount, even if the knife was signet by Jesus Christ him self".
I dont own any Spydercos my self, but I own several sharpening stones made by them and I hope the quality of the knifes are as good as the stones.

It sad that the knife industry is so full of snobbery. If you want a great working knife, buy a Mora.
 
Posts
96
Likes
201
It is a great knife, but to quote Bob Loveless when he was talking to a collector that had paid an excessive amount for one of his knifes, because it had Bobs name on it " I would not pay that amount, even if the knife was signet by Jesus Christ him self".
I dont own any Spydercos my self, but I own several sharpening stones made by them and I hope the quality of the knifes are as good as the stones.

It sad that the knife industry is so full of snobbery. If you want a great working knife, buy a Mora.
My Mora might be the cheapest knife I own, but I use it almost every day.

I wish they had a full chefs knife set, too, as I love the grippyness of the handles.