Forums Latest Members

Anyone bought from Watches of Knightsbridge?

1. markie916 May 10, 2020

Hi all. Watches of Knightsbridge was suggested as a place to locate a Tudor MN Marine Nationale. Has anyone used the site? What are they like? I guess you find the watch you want in one of their auctions and bid on it? I'm sure they ahem standard listings on C24 as well. I've mailed them but didn't get a great reply, wondering on peoples experience. Cheers Milwatch

2. Enzo May 10, 2020

Hi, I have purchased 3 watches from Watches of Knightsbridge. The first was a Nivada Grenchen Depthmaster in 2014, the second and third were a Rolex Oyster Perpetual date and a Heuer Autavia both in 2018. They were very professional and responsive to my mails, questions and telephone calls. May just be they are not fully staffed whilst we are in lockdown, I'm sure a little patience will pay off for you.

3. shishy www.hpmor.com May 10, 2020

They're excellent, and also well connected. I've purchased from their auctions before. Also if you find lots that were passed on you can always try to reach out and make an offer for a private sale.

markie916 likes this.
  4. manalive May 11, 2020

I've bought and sold with them, always been completely hassle free. I'd recommend them from my own experiences.

markie916 likes this.
  5. markie916 May 11, 2020

Hi, ok thanks. The auction I'm thinking about using and haven't used one before. Thanks Mark.

6. kanye_mouse May 11, 2020

Aren't they posting a lot of their passed lots on Chrono24 nowadays too?

WatchCor and markie916 like this.
  7. markie916 May 11, 2020

Hi Kanye, I'm not sure. Thats why I posted for help from people like your good self. I couldn't work out what was going on tbh. Yes I've seen watches listed on Chrono24. Just on their site now Next auction ends on May 18, the watch I want isn't there this time.

8. markie916 May 11, 2020

Ahh, good to know thanks. Good to know. If the one I want comes up I'd bid live, I'm not one for waiting if I want something.

9. shishy www.hpmor.com May 11, 2020

Yes I believe they've done that at least for the last year.

One thing is their photography style, while consistent, I think makes watches look a little bit worse than they are in real life (i.e. they really do show the flaws). So you'll generally be confident in knowing what you bought, and likely be in for a pleasant surprise when it arrives. IMO a good thing, but just keep it mind.

markie916 likes this.
  10. markie916 May 11, 2020

Yes great thanks. Photography tends to either show every tiny mark making it look like you've cleaned it with sand paper or they show nothing. I'd rather a watch turn up and it be better than expected. I guess they are sold as seen unless you can get there to check them out.

11. jsducote May 11, 2020

https://www.chrono24.com/search/index.htm?customerId=14088&dosearch=true

Looking at prices versus a recent auction, C24 listings appear to be the low estimate + 30%. As with many auctions, the low estimate isn't necessarily the opening bid/reserve price, so they could conceivably be had for a bit less if you gamble on the auction. Also, passed lots often return in later auctions and may have lower estimates/reserve. Waiting could save you a bit of money, but it could also mean having one snatched up by someone else.

Ness, markie916 and kanye_mouse like this.
  12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 11, 2020

I have bought from WOK, it was a pleasant smooth transaction.
    Only complaint I have had with them was their lack of response for additional images of lots they have up for sale.

Watching WOK auctions, it often appears that the low estimate is the reserve, which of course isn't necessarily the opening bid price.
    (which would make sense of the C24 listings prices)

Bill Sohne and markie916 like this.
  13. killer67 May 11, 2020

In the world of auctions they are one of the more hassle free to deal with

markie916 likes this.
  14. markie916 May 11, 2020

thanks killer67

15. vinylcall May 11, 2020

I dealt with them a couple of times and everything was excellent.
    Quick, friendly response on requested pictures and details.
    On won auctions everything went smoothly without any hassle.
    The premium is a bit high in my opinion, but for this you get the mentioned services

markie916 likes this.
  16. markie916 May 11, 2020

Thanks, I just checked the buyers premium, 24%.

17. obstando May 14, 2020

I think if you google them you will find they have had issues in the past. In there last sale there was one watch that I know was not correct but slipped through the net so it pays to really do your homework. Like many well publicised auction houses there aren't too many bargains to be had once the commission is paid

18. ERBM May 14, 2020

I would also recommend them like others in this thread the live auction on there site was good and didn't have any issues as far as I could see. Once the auction had finished they were quick to send the invoice to my email and then also sent the watch relatively quickly especially considering that it under current lockdown circumstances. The watch was in very good condition as well, the only slight blot was that the movement was in desperate need of a service. Would definitely recommend though and they are still able to operate a good service despite current events.

19. Ricbo2010 Jul 1, 2020

I've purchased at least four watches in the WOK auctions. I had minor niggles with two of those which were rectified straight away with no hassle other than having to take the watch back. I have no concerns whatsoever and find them really nice people to deal with.
    If you need better photos, just ask. For the June 2020 auction they sent me some high resolution photos which I requested for a few watches.

20. Ricbo2010 Jul 1, 2020

I mean July 2020