Forums Latest Members

Anyone bought a 3861 on leather?

1. timmyk86 May 30, 2021

Question as above - anyone chosen the strap over the bracelet?

If so - what were your reasons? Do you regret it?

I find myself not a massive fan of the bracelet but it seems to be very well liked around here!

Look forward to hearing your opinions.

2. DrPepper May 30, 2021

Probably doesn't help you any further, but I bought the Haslite/Nylon-Strap version of calibre 3861.
    I could not find it for trying/seeing it in real-life in the local boutique or a jeweler before buying it online, so it was a bit of a risk.

However I am really satisfied with the Nylon. It has a nicely done metal clasp mechanism and is black leather on the inside.
    Feels great and is quite lean overall. The nylon gives a sporty, modest appearance and is in my personal opinion a perfect match to the black dial and outer ring. However, it would be a strap that more fits use in the space overall :D

It is definetly under-rated in my opinion. But styles and tastes are of course quite different.

Glederz and timmyk86 like this.
  3. YY77 May 30, 2021

My choice would always be buying the watch new with the bracelet and ordering the strap additional or try to get the AD/OB to throw it in for free.

I bought a Zenith a while back on the bracelet although I knew I wasn't going to use it, when I put the watch up for sale I got a lot of offers for the bracelet only.

PhilF and timmyk86 like this.
  4. timmyk86 May 30, 2021

I really like the Nylon strap too, it suits the watch well and felt very comfortable. I would possibly have gone for that if it was the Hesalite I was after, but I'm opting for the sapphire.

What did you think about the value vs buying with the bracelet?

5. timmyk86 May 30, 2021

Exacly - I'm wondering if it's popular partly because it presents better value.

However, I will definitely be wearing mine mostly on a strap and would prefer a deployant for that - which is expensive in itself.

6. YY77 May 30, 2021

Combat straps in Montreal makes great straps of all sorts and offers an Omega style deployant which doesn't break the bank.

IMG_20210530_130252.jpg
    Glederz, Duckie, scapa and 2 others like this.
  7. DrPepper May 30, 2021

It was definetly no value-oriented decision at all, just pure style/taste. When deciding, I planned to get the braclet at some later point, but did not expect the nylon to be so satisfying after all. However, I guess it will not be as resistant to wear as the bracelet, so at some point maybe I will probably get it. However, I have no intention to sell the watch again at any point in my life, so this played no role for me.

8. magicbadger May 30, 2021

I bought an aqua terra on a bracelet and they threw in a dark green leather strap with deployant. I sometimes wear it on the 3861, I think it looks cool. I'm glad I bought it on the bracelet though.

B447CBA4-D2DA-487D-9BB1-E3996EAA6094.jpeg
    Alfista88 and timmyk86 like this.
  9. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 30, 2021

I too bought the new 3861 with the nylon strap which also came with a deployant. Although I too would have preferred the new Omega bracelet, it came down to what was available to me. I have always been a fan of BandRBands vintage straps, especially for the bucks, I went ahead and ordered a black one before I actually got the watch. I'm currently wearing my new Speedy on the BandRBands strap, but had I tried the nylon strap an deployant, I would not have ordered a leather strap. Yes, the original nylon strap and deployant are very comfortable and actually very attractive.

10. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 31, 2021

This thread make me rethink wearing my watch on a leather strap instead of the nylon strap and deployant it came with.
    I changed back to the original nylon strap and yes, it's a comfortable as it can be, especially to wear everyday :)

11. G4_Chrono May 31, 2021

I like the 2021 Cordura / Nylon deployment offering. The 2021 black leather also looks good (now smooth not croc) but leather straps can be purchased easily and more cheaply.

I considered the 3861 on the new nylon deployment strap as the lower price could have made it available to me. In the end I chose the 1861; it has the bracelet that I have never sized or fitted as I have the Uncle Seiko 1171 with and Omega clasp. And I would really like the 2021 Cordura!

12. Gerry73 May 31, 2021

3861 on the nylon strap. Very pleased with this. Wanted the hesalite anyway and trying the bracelet on convinced me it tapered too slim at the clasp. Just felt too thin. The strap feels great and is what you'd expect from Omega. I tried an Uncle Seiko bracelet but it doesn't work but I have several leather options and the 3861 is a bit of a strap monster and looks great on loads of straps.

PXL_20210504_145123203.jpg
    Glederz, MikiJ and G4_Chrono like this.
  13. timmyk86 Jun 1, 2021

Great input from everyone. Thanks!

I think this looks fantastic!

Although wearing it on leather with a deployant will be my preference, I've changed my order to a SS on bracelet. I figured that even though I don't like the taper so much, it will be better to have it now in case I do want it in the future. And everyone seems to rave about it!

I even managed to tack on a bit more of a discount so the bracelet was less than £200 extra over the leather. Figure that's probably worth it. Total around £5k for an SS on a bracelet.

G4_Chrono and YY77 like this.
  14. PhilF Jun 1, 2021

20210601_163154.jpg 20210601_163158.jpg 20210601_163054.jpg
    This was my thought as well, bought my 3861 on the bracelet, tried it for a week, then changed to the dark brown Omega deployant leather strap that I had on my 1861. Got interested in a lighter leather, so ordered a Omega Golden Brown strap #032CUZ000918 and the 9452.18.93 Stainless deployant clasp which has a slightly different clasp design with the logo raised. Totally different look, very comfortable. The bracelet may get tried again, but for now, really liking this.

G4_Chrono, Caliber561 and YY77 like this.
  15. YY77 Jun 2, 2021

Great colour.:thumbsup:

PhilF likes this.