Forums Latest Members
  1. jcmartinez98 Oct 4, 2014

thinking about moving forward with 45mm PO.
    still love the titanium over SS mainly because if i DO dress it up on the bracelet, the weight difference feels tremendous.
    the truth is that i plan on wearing it with the rubber strap most of the time, in which case the weight difference between SS and Ti feels negligible.

i prefer the high gloss of the LM face over the matte black of the SS PO.
    blue vs black, i could go either way, both can look dressy or casual.

i know that Ti scratches more easily. i don't know how much more easily.
    are there any who regret going titanium b/c of the ease of scuffing/scratching?

2. ctime3 Oct 5, 2014

Not at all. But dumbass me wore it when I was reassembling our outdoor lantern and I scratched the clasp.

3. jcmartinez98 Oct 5, 2014

i guess that's my point. my plan with this PO would be to wear it all the time. even to reassemble the outdoor lantern.
    you think i should go steel?

4. ctime3 Oct 5, 2014

Personally if if I was going to do anything outside as in hitting the watch like dumbass me did. I would not wear it and have an ironman or shock as my outdoor work/gym watch. I think that titanium is less scratch resistant on the bracket and clasp. The bezel is pretty bullet proof. But some may disagree.

5. ramblin man Oct 7, 2014

No regrets about my Ti Seamaster. Sure there will be some scratches, thru everyday living, but at service time my shop gets them all gone.

And the light weight is comfortable...

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  6. ctime3 Oct 7, 2014

I agree but my vote is less overall scratches than stainless

7. anselmw Oct 21, 2014

• Love my titanium po, it is about the same in terms of scratches. I use it as my everyday and vacation watch. Seems like the scotch brite pad cleans up the buckle similar to a s/s bracelet.

8. bill5959 Oct 21, 2014

I wear my Ti 45th anniversary most days, with Ti bracelet. Nothing bad yet. I like the Ti with the contrast of gold and brown dial. :) Regards. Bill

DLT222 and jcmartinez98 like this.
  9. speedbird Oct 21, 2014

Had a titanium PaM 176. Never warmed to it

10. Alex_TA Oct 21, 2014

In my book Titanium-made case for big dive watches is a must.
    I had PO XL on rubber strap and it was too heavy.

11. stockae92 Oct 22, 2014

Titanium is light weight and "warm" to touch. But it scratch and ding more easily than SS.

I don't have a ti Omega, but I love wearing my PAM177. And yes, it has plenty of scars to prove it. :)

If you like your watch looking brand new all the times, stay away from (untreated) ti. (At least Seiko and Citizen has surface treatment for ti to make them much more scratch resistant than untreated ti)

12. fskywalker Nov 12, 2014

Loving my 150th SMP titanium, super lightweight, stealth look, no regrets
    IMG_6687.jpg IMG_6649.jpg