Forums Latest Members

Any tips on making Ebay work for you..

1. smitty190373 Jun 23, 2016

Can anyone provide some tips or info on making Ebay work when trying to find items. I get the feeling I miss a huge amount of listings because they don't show up in searches. I am UK based and have subscribed followed searches with email alerts set up for several items. It bugs me when I see or hear something traded or was posted and nothing showed up!!. For example I have at least 6 different searches set for Omega sm300s, parts or watches. The Seamaster 300 CK14755 that Gemini4 posted has not shown up in any of these. I appreciate it's a USA only sale so maybe not a great example as i'm UK, but it should still show up right? It doesn't even appear if I put in the listing number and only shows if I click the link from the original thread. Several other times members or friends have posted up items that have not been shown to me through these "searches".

I know things are out there....and I know i'm missing them :( grrrr.

Thanks guys.

2. Northernman Lemaniac Jun 23, 2016

eBay is trying to protect you from seeing stuff that they think you are not able to purchase.... ::screwloose::
    I have addresses in several parts of the world I can use for purchases, and they are registered on eBay.
    I still have to browse the different national eBay sites (such as eBay.de / .com / .co.uk) in order to "find" stuff.
    I even sometimes have to change my "primary address" in order to be able to bid on items as eBay will not check if you have other registered addresses when they accept/reject your bid.

The good hearted "helpfulness" from the likes of eBay, Microsoft and other (mainly US based?) companies really pisses me off!

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 23, 2016

4. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 23, 2016

You can search through eBay with watchrecon?! If so, How ? Teach me master!

I just search the Bay in the different regional sites.. Mostly .com .co.uk and .de and .gr

Would be Great If you could just set it to "find all". Location "IDGAF". :D

5. tapaptpat Jun 23, 2016

Ok Google-fu needs a pollish I think this will work. Let's say. EBay.Com is your target

Omega sm300 site:www.ebay.com

Gonna give that a go. Ok that's working.
    The important bit is

Site:

It tell Google to search that site only. You could use the advanced search function to same effect.

Now watch the item/s your interested in they now appear in your usual list.

Payment can be tricky. My advice is what @nothernman said about logging in on the ebay.Com to pay when you've won. We who live in the UK have striker rules than say us/fr/gr etc we forced seller to have PayPal. So paying by bank transfer is harder. Obviously buy the seller is king here!!!! You need to have established trust. That is a topic for another day.

Good luck with the sm300

Pat

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited Jun 23, 2016
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 23, 2016

I was suggesting using WR to back up his eBay searches, thus providing an additional resource for searching.

Not to act as a defacto eBay tool (which it can't as you know).

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 23, 2016

And don't call me Master until you have 1000 posts.

8. Northernman Lemaniac Jun 23, 2016

NT931 and tapaptpat like this.
  9. tapaptpat Jun 23, 2016

Thats nice.. Öh shit there is an android app too. Danger. High voltage.

It will do more than what you asked for. It has the potential of emptying you wallet. [emoji85]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

10. NT931 Jun 23, 2016

And it has 'Saved Searches' too, which will definitely speed up emptying your wallet.

Northernman likes this.
  11. smitty190373 Jun 23, 2016

@NT931 @JimInOz Thanks guys, some good tips! I'll get back on watchrecon and also adapt some of my searches. Thanks and all the best.