Forums Latest Members

Any suitable bracelet for Ω PO 42mm (Ref.22015100)

1. w@tcher Jul 31, 2020

Hello all!
    I'm an owner of a Planet Ocean 42mm 1st gen. (Ref.22015100).
    The specific watch is the most comfortable diver watch i have ever tried and i love it!

The watch was initially bought with a strap and i would like to try and enjoy it with a bracelet.

[​IMG]

As far as I know the needed parts (original end links with the relevant bracelet) have the codes: 1580/952.

Since it is too difficult to find them ... and if i could find them i suppose i would need much money, i was wondering if i could find another aftermarket bracelet that could fit the watch.
    As far as i understand the problem is if the end links could fit well at the case of the PO. Since the case of the PO seems similar to the case of the Speedmaster Professional, could the end links of the Speedmaster 42mm fit the case of the PO?
    Has anyone tried it?
    In this case, is there a chance the bracelet 20mm from Uncle Seiko or the new Forstner flat link that is going to be produced soon for the Speedies that could fit the watch?

I have also owned a universal milanese bracelet 20mm from Watchgecko and it fits well, but i would like to try something with suitable end links to fit the case.

Thanks in advance!

2. chaw6125 Jul 31, 2020

There are unbranded ones on ebay you could try which aren't overly expensive. 952 is the endlink code and clasp alone is 117ST1580952. These MAY fit the aftermarket bracelet but it's an expensive experiment which might not work.

However I don't think they will be of the quality of an original Omega bracelet which new will be well over £1000 I would think. You can ask an Omega boutique for a price as you cannot buy these on the open market unless they are used.

The speedy case is very similar to the 42mm PO. My PO is with my watchmaker at the minute so I can't put my speedy bracelet on it.

w@tcher likes this.
  3. SkunkPrince Jul 31, 2020

w@tcher likes this.
  4. chaw6125 Jul 31, 2020

Fair enough. I know end links are £65 each from Omega and I saw that clasp for £200. Full size links on that site are £50 each. I hadn't seen they had a full bracelet available and £500 is very reasonable.

5. w@tcher Jul 31, 2020

Thanks for the info all of you!

I was told that the specific bracelet 1589/858 (suitable to Planet Ocean with 8500cal) is not suitable to my PO with 2500cal, because my case is thinner.

The cost of an Omega bracelet (1580/952) is about ~800 uk pounds (Omega Boutique).

Edited Jul 31, 2020
  6. SkunkPrince Jul 31, 2020

I’m in USA so I can’t be of much help to you, but check with various jewelry stores. Some might be able to order bracelets.

Or it’s time for a vacation to Bienne! :D

w@tcher likes this.
  7. chaw6125 Jul 31, 2020

This is the one you need https://www.swisswatchspares.com/pr...n-20mm-1580-952-steel-bracelet-2201-50-2209-5

You can ask them if they can source more with it being out of stock. But they have shortened it to "lower the cost" which means "I can sell the removeable links separately to earn more money".

Is the watch due a service? If so you can supply the watch head only and ask for a price to replace the bracelet. Mine is in with Bond Street Watch Servicing which is a L3 Omega certified watchmaker. They are replacing my speedy tang buckle that I bent when I caught my strap on the door. He might be able to supply a replacement bracelet (not sure he can do it outside of a service), but chances are pricing is better than OB.

w@tcher likes this.
  8. Forstnerbands Aug 1, 2020

I’d be happy to send you a (free) pair of our 20mm solid end links to see if our flat link would work. I think the look would be fantastic assuming the end links fit ok! Let me know if you’d like to give it a try.

w@tcher and Pazzo like this.
  9. w@tcher Aug 2, 2020

I really appreciate that and i would really love that!!!

Edited Aug 2, 2020