Forums Latest Members
  1. river rat Feb 27, 2020

A few months ago saw this in the local place I get some of my stuff serviced at. It looked interesting but the second hand did not look right it's automatic. I did not ask a lot about it but told one of the workers at the shop the second hand wrong and out of place. They wanted 900 bucks for it. Wondering if it is legit just with the wrong second hand. If legit how hard would it be to get the correct second hand. Did like the dial but I am good at some Omega models but this was sort of out of my wheel house and 900 bucks a lot to loose so thought I would get some opinions here first. Got to pick up some thing I had service so I can take more photo's if needed tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

2. Dan S Feb 27, 2020

I think it would be good to get clear detailed photos of the dial, because it looks a little sketchy in that photo. If you could get the reference from inside the caseback, that would be fantastic because it sort of gives me a DeVille vibe, but the dial doesn’t say that.

Some other members may recognize it immediately.

FBPB and connieseamaster like this.
  3. KingCrouchy Feb 27, 2020

Looks like an overpolished and Redialed
    Omega ref 166002 with the correct crown.

4. DON Feb 27, 2020

It's one of their technical models from the late 60's. I discovered two of them back in 2002 which I coined the term Speedmaster companion and Seamaster 300 companion.

Since then a larger variety of designs have been posted here (do a search on the term

Hard to tell if your luminous has been removed. Usually tritium will turn to a nice tan or look like crap

Hand not correct - too short

There is one on Ebay now I think

This is the Speedmaster model. One of 4 I owned

[​IMG]

DON

lindo likes this.
  5. OMEGuy Feb 27, 2020

I am not convinced it's a redialed watch. The dial could be original, but of course it would need better pictures in normal light conditions to have a closer look.

Here is a thread on this specific watch:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-166-002-rare-dial-or.80956/

[​IMG]

connieseamaster and Dan S like this.
  6. DON Feb 27, 2020

Posted the wrong model

DON

7. Dan S Feb 27, 2020

that is not an automatic.

edit: I must have hit reply right as you were editing out the photo of the wrong model. :)

8. DON Feb 27, 2020

When I noticed it was a 6xx caliber on mine I edited the post.

The Seamaster 300 model came in either auto or manual. Somewhat similar to this one. Cal 5xx with date and cal 600 in manual

DON

9. river rat Feb 27, 2020

Think I will keep my money. From the link some one posted most thought the dial was a redial but both watches look the same except the wrong second hand on the one I saw. Don't want to be stuck with a leman. The case and crown and dial are the same. It does make you wonder if legit.

10. OMEGuy Feb 27, 2020

I just googled for the price and found this one in pretty nice condition and including bracelet that was sold last year:

https://watchcharts.com/listing/556946

So it's maybe a wise choice to keep your money... ;)