Forums Latest Members

Any information related to a Seamaster owned by my friend please

1. AndyMS Jan 11, 2016

All,
    Good morning, afternoon, evening. I'm Andy from the UK and am here because a friend of mine has an Omega Seamaster that he would like to find out as much information about as possible. He doesn't 'do' the internet so his research is limited and I offered to find out if there is any information I can find for him. He was given the watch by a friend from Canada a few years ago. Supposedly it is a 1982 Seamaster and the same model/type was given to the 1982 Canadian Olympic sailing team although again if we can find out any information to support or negate that I'd appreciate it. What he would also like to know is where can he find the manual for it. He is a keen watch person and has over 300 different watches but this one is special to him and he says it keeps better time than any other watch he owns.

So my specific questions are:
    - Can you tell me if the watch is a genuine Omega
    - If so, could you tell me what year it was released/put on sale
    - Is there someplace I can find the manual for it
    - Anything else you think would be useful to tell Dennis (the watch owner)

Thank you very much for reading and if possible responding!

I've attached the pictures that Dennis took of the watch as well as a couple I took.
    The number on the band is 1455/461
    The number etched into the back of the watch (my apologies I don't know the technical term) is 386 1231
    The number printed on the back of the watch is 50932610
    There are two sweep hands on the watch although at the time I took the photo they were at 12 and 6 respectively so it may look like there is only one.

Again, much appreciated for any info/feedback.

Kind Regards,
    Andy

IMAG0483.jpg IMAG0484.jpg IMAG0485.jpg IMAG0486.jpg IMAG0487.jpg IMAG0488.jpg IMAG0489.jpg IMAG0490.jpg
  2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 11, 2016

That is a Polaris 18kt and SS quartz chrono from the 1980's. Googling Seamaster Polaris Chronograph Quartz and the ref. number should get you what you need, and I am sure that others on here specialize in them.

As far as manuals are concerned, ebay will be your best bet. Look and see if any Polaris models have been sold or are on the market with boxes and papers so that you can see what is appropriate.

AndyMS likes this.
  3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jan 11, 2016

AndyMS likes this.
  4. AndyMS Jan 11, 2016

Watchknut,
    Thank you very much for the response and feeback!!!!!

Kind Regards,
    Andy

5. AndyMS Jan 11, 2016

Mouse_at_Large,
    Thanks very much to you as well. Your response made me giggle as I started thinking about Michael J Fox and Back to the Future. I'll let Dennis know and show him the link.

Kind Regards,
    Andy