Forums Latest Members
  1. Y.S. Oct 14, 2013

2. ulackfocus Oct 14, 2013

I never like it when the fonts are covered by the hands. There's also a home-made marker at 12.

It's a mid 50's bumper, either a caliber 354 or 351.

3. Y.S. Oct 14, 2013

The seller seems reliable though. I noticed the fixed baton only after I bid, which is a shame. It also seems that some markers are slightly off, and obviously the crown should be replaced. But otherwise, the dial does not seem to be refinished. Is this a good find, considering I might pull it at 300$? That might have been an impulse bid there...

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 14, 2013

I would say it's an ok price for what it is. Even if it's cheap though, would you be happy with it despite all the flaws mentioned?

5. Y.S. Oct 14, 2013

That's a tough question. The replacement marker is really bad on the eyes, and I wish I could replace it somehow without replacing the whole dial. Other than that, it seems that I can either get used to the rest, or fix it to my satisfaction. Still, the upside is that the gold cap is fully intact, the dial is not refinished, and that a good clean might do this piece wonders.
    I guess I need to see it with my own eyes to decide, at least after it is treated by my watchmaker.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 14, 2013

That's a fairly common dial, shouldn't be that hard to find a donor for a replacement marker.

Not a bad price considering.

I've bought from them myself.

7. Y.S. Oct 15, 2013

I hope I will find one. Couldn't find anything yet though, do you have any good tips? And Thanks!

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 15, 2013

9. Y.S. Oct 15, 2013

10. Y.S. Mar 18, 2014

Haven't updated on the watch yet, so here are a few pics.
    I took the watch to my watch guy, who fixed the dial and replaced the crown with the correct one I bought. The watch was cleaned and timed, and the automatic mechanism was fixed. It is now extremely accurate for a few months now already.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A big thank you to everyone that helped!