Forums Latest Members
  1. spinnaker11 Sep 30, 2020

I'm not really a vintage Omega guy (so far!) but did spot this rough Seamaster going into an auction at a very basic auction house soon. Looks to be mingled in with a load of estate clearance bits. There is only one photo and it isn't great, no shot of the back. I have been trying to figure out what it is and when it is from (late 50's/early 60's presumably).

It appears to be a strange one. The bracelet presumably isn't an original one (looks like the gold plating is worn/peeling in places).

The bezel looks to be gold but the case looks to be steel.

Difficult to tell the colour of the face

The nearest I have found is this one which seems to have the same sort of crown, similar lugs and stylised S in Seamaster:
    https://www.vintage-portfolio.com/s...pre-de-ville-solid-gold-linen-dial-automatic/

Any thoughts?

omega.png
  2. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Sep 30, 2020

My uneducated guess is that it's the fake reference :(

3. vbrad26 Sep 30, 2020

Thoughts are that it definitely seems to be a frankenwatch from the ONE picture.
    Sort of hard to really give you a good opinion based on that photo.
    I will say that I have the same dial on my '62 Seamaster...I think. The one you have pictured is definitely in rougher shape.
    It would be a hard pass for me unless you don't mind spending no more than $50 to acquire it and find out more...

DaveK likes this.
  4. spinnaker11 Sep 30, 2020

Yep, I was really conflicted about it. Thanks. I did think it was odd that so many little details were there on it. The bracelet is horrible!

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 30, 2020

Ref 14779?