Forums Latest Members

Any Good Reasons to Keep Steel Bracelet?

1. boraxman Jul 1, 2019

Have a late model PO I picked up recently which I plan on keeping til the end. Bracelet came off the day it arrived and honestly with all the selection of NATO style and rubber straps out there I just dont see myself ever going to steel. I did pick it up preowned mint for nearly 1/2 off retail or I would have opted for the OE rubber.

I could likely get a good piece of change for this bracelet even further pushing down my overall purchase price but wondering if someday my feelings may change....Anyone been there?

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 1, 2019

If it were me, I'd keep it. if you decide to sell the watch someday, or pass it along to a relative, they would most likely want the bracelet. Just my $.02.

boraxman likes this.
  3. Omega-Q Jul 1, 2019

If it's a forever watch, then sell it and reinvest that $ into your next watch! I'm sure you could easily sell the OEM bracelet...

boraxman likes this.
  4. Stufflers Mom Jul 1, 2019

It would probably fetch around £300 but the watch may lose more than that if sold later on without it.

Foo2rama, boraxman and Darlinboy like this.
  5. lando Jul 1, 2019

In this case (recent model) I have sold before without regrets. If it was vintage it would be more difficult to release it, if it were mine, as usually these would be harder to replace.

boraxman likes this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 1, 2019

Check the FS section - forever often isn’t. :rolleyes:

7. Evitzee Jul 1, 2019

Nothing is forever. Unless you really need the cash, for whatever reason, I would just put it with the box and papers and forget about it. Someday you may well find it comes in handy.

Foo2rama and boraxman like this.
  8. SpeedyD Jul 1, 2019

I concur. 50% of list price for a mint never one genuine Omega should be achievable I expect. They are around £580 new as I’ve recently ordered one for this....

152AA841-6A26-4AD0-B3F8-64E27671ED3C.jpeg
    boraxman likes this.
  9. Omega-Q Jul 1, 2019

Well...that's what he said! ;)

boraxman likes this.
  10. Dan S Jul 1, 2019

It's not worth it to split up the watch and bracelet. You may someday decide that you like to wear the watch on a bracelet. It's a great option to have. Also, as your taste in watches continues to evolve you may decide to sell the watch and buy another; it will be a lot easier to sell the watch with its bracelet.

boraxman and Darlinboy like this.
  11. boraxman Jul 1, 2019

Great answers! - I'm leaning toward just keeping everything together, I know me and a chance of probably wanting one later down the road. Definitely wouldn't want to search one down or pay retail. Nice to hear different views regardless.

Edited Jul 1, 2019
  12. blunosr Jul 1, 2019

I bought mine on rubber deployant and now regret not buying on bracelet and getting rubber as a secondary. 4 years later I purchased bracelet. 760.00 usd plus tax. If keeping is an option I’d keep.

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 1, 2019

The PO has a truly great bracelet. I can’t imagine not having the option.

But mine doesn’t take a strap well...

14. tzachi Jul 1, 2019

I'd keep the bracelet either if in one day you'd want one again, or replace the watch and then its a set,

15. blubarb Jul 1, 2019

Keep it because you don't know what tomorrow holds. Also you might want to pass it on after the end and I am sure the benefactor(s) would appreciate a full set. I can't count the amount of times I have said "I am going to keep this until the end" and realised that the end just meant the end of my infatuation with it and then like a puff of smoke it's up for grabs. But that's me... :D

16. jets Jul 2, 2019

Keep it. Peoples tastes and prefs change over time.

Foo2rama likes this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 2, 2019

FIFY ;)

blubarb and Darlinboy like this.