Forums Latest Members
  1. bill5959 Sep 27, 2014

Here are some photos and text I received on the watch at auction next week. 20 photos were sent, I am posting just a few to keep this shorter. If you want them all, let me know. Enjoy. Bill

"Overall it has a very cool vintage feel to it, so please see this piece as a whole rather than focusing on the imperfections.
    I tried my best to capture the color as much as I can since that is what makes this piece visually stunning.

Case: Overall scratches. Little dents visible on the outer part of the bezel and as well as on the underside.
    Dents clearly visible on the pushers.
    Dents and pitting visible on the lugs.
    Dents and pitting visible on the bezel overall.

Dial: Nice chocolate brown patina overall. Oxidation visible around indexes. Few scratches on the subsials.

Movement: In running condition at this present time. The chronograph function is running but the hour hand is not re-setting correctly back to 12.
    (Movement photos to follow next week…)" IMG_2565.jpeg IMG_2553.jpeg IMG_2567.jpeg IMG_2557.jpeg IMG_2569.jpeg

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 27, 2014

Well, definitely not NOS

cristos71 likes this.
  3. cristos71 Sep 27, 2014

For me the only thing I (quite) like about it is the colour of the dial. And that just because a brown dial like that is not often seen. For the rest I don´t find it attractive in the slightest, over polished, beaten up bezel, hardly any lume left on the dial, etc, etc.

It starts to look a bit like one of those early vintage Rolex Subs or GMTs that have the so called tropical effect going on and generally reach the mid to high five figures without too much trouble. Nice for a certain kind of collector, but not for me.

Dablitzer and mac_omega like this.
  4. Psych Sep 27, 2014

Just to help my learning - this has the short indices on the minutes' sub-dial that are seen on the 2915 and early 2998 series, but the dial is stepped and not domed. So, is this dial correct for a 2998-2?

5. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 27, 2014

yes