Forums Latest Members

another valuation thread (deville chrono parts + mvmt)

1. ErikR Jan 10, 2016

I got 2 complete 146.017 deville chrono's: one in silver and one in gold. The gold one is complete with an extract from the archives, the silver one all NOS parts. Looks brand new. i took me awhile to get all the parts.
    [​IMG]

Ive been adding som spare parts along the way and was hoping to build 2 more of these. But i never see any donorwatches on here or Ebay. Since i got all the good parts, im only missing some minor parts thats discontinued -and hard to find. So, even if i got the essentials, i just cant complete the project. Another thing, if I do find the missing parts i still ned to buy (donor watch) the parts, and i need a qualfied watchmaker to assemble + service the mvmt = 1000$. So instead of finishing the project, im thinking about selling my spare parts.

And i therefor (humbly) hope somebody could give me a rough estimate how much my spare parts are worth. I know the model is very rare (10.000 units produced divided into 4 different lineups: silver dial, gold dial, black dial and the bullhead = 2500 units per lineup) Finding a nice dial is almost impossible. Ive spent last 2 years looking for these parts, i know all about it.

Anyways, what i got laying around:
    1. one silver dial 99% (almost PERFECT)
    2. one gold dial 99% (almost perfect)
    3. one silver NOS case with glass (plastic on) and caseback (purple protection on -stamped 146.017 not 0017)
    4. one beaten up case goldplaque (but with nice glass and caseback 146.017)
    5. gold model hands (lots of patina)
    6. 3 cal.930 mvmt's (2 NOS + 1 in good shape -2 with silver dialed datewheels 1 with golden datewheel)
    7. 2 hour wheels (1 NOS + 1 used (miscolored)
    8. some spare parts (mvmt enlarger rings + etc)

Any idea of the value? Should i sell them as a package or list every item on ebay or here? What to do?

[​IMG]

Ericoh likes this.
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 10, 2016

3. ErikR Jan 10, 2016

yeah, i had a bid on that one (only 1000usd) as the dial was not very nice, case decent only, mvmt looked nice. Would be a decent donor but maybe a little too good in shape for that purpose

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 10, 2016

Son of beech. Must refine my filters. Want.

5. Lennov Jan 10, 2016

I had this one also under surveillance....