Forums Latest Members
  1. azroxx Mar 22, 2015

I see the face has a slight "dip" in at the base of the hands. I did not notice it before in other lighting. I also now cannot get the date to change. I know it is a half pull out usually, the full pull changes the time. Or Omega.JPG Omega1.JPG Omega2.JPG Omega3.JPG am I doing something wrong?

2. peatnick Mar 22, 2015

not able to see the dip at base of hands

some older movements didn't have quick set date capability

others required you pump crown

Edited Mar 23, 2015
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 22, 2015

If you advance the time beyond midnight, will the calendar click over? It may be that this watch is an earlier model without the quick change date. No way to know for sure without knowing the caliber of the movement.

BTW, I think this is another redial. The "A" in automatic should have a flat top and the "Seamaster" font doesn't look right.
    gatorcpa

4. ulackfocus Mar 22, 2015

Yep, a redial. The S in Seamaster is the wrong shape.

5. azroxx Mar 23, 2015

Thanks for the replies!! Yes, it takes me going thru the 24 hr to click the date up by one.

The information you have provided is invaluable to me and I really appreciate it. I have seen some really nice stuff over here but as I have learned, buyer beware.

It is my fault for not doing my homework, I really trusted the guy as the other deals were spot on.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 23, 2015

Here's some info for you. This is what you are looking for on the caseback - Afghan Air Force markings...

600px-Afghan_National_Army_emblemsvg.png

...on the caseback like so:
    10750-fda2bfddb3474a5014199a9c52fd604a.jpg

Get to work!

AAAKK likes this.