Another Rolex theft in London

Theft of watches, cricket players beating the snot out of people.

What have the streets of London turned to.....

The biggest issue in London is the knife attacks by kids on kids, more of that than anything else going on London which is so sad, latest is two 14 year old kids murder a 16 year old.

Rolex theft and cricketers hissy fits are minor issues to be honest. At least IMHO they are.

I'm never going to London again!
Holland isn't that safe anymore with the reports about kids with knives/machettes in the news either.

When I was last in London for holiday a few years back, I walked around alone late at night wearing my Omega and the last thing on my mind was getting robbed for my watch. Of course at the time, there weren't any news of Rolex thefts. Now I'm not so sure anymore if I'd wear my Omega if I visit London again. Even though the thefts seems more targeted on Rolex wearers, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk....hmmmm

I suspect they’re not targeted at Rolex wearers, but more targeted to certain types of people, dressed in certain ways, leaving certain venues, in particular parts of London.

And playing the odds that there will be something worth stealing.

The well dressed couple, leaving the restaurant where dinner is £300 a head, in an area that contains mclaren and Porsche showrooms are probably at much greater risk that than the guy leaving a Starbucks in the square mile holding a pumpkin spiced latte.

probably.

Talking about problems walking the streets after a night at the pub….

@Emeister did they trap that croc behind your place yet…..?

Holland isn't that safe anymore with the reports about kids with knives/machettes in the news either.
In fact, I'm never leaving the house again!

I suspect they’re not targeted at Rolex wearers, but more targeted to certain types of people, dressed in certain ways, leaving certain venues, in particular parts of London.

And playing the odds that there will be something worth stealing.

The well dressed couple, leaving the restaurant where dinner is £300 a head, in an area that contains mclaren and Porsche showrooms are probably at much greater risk that than the guy leaving a Starbucks in the square mile holding a pumpkin spiced latte.

probably.

This is pretty much it.

I've been happily walking around both poor and rich areas of London at all times of day, night, late night and early morning, wearing stealable watches for over 20 years - never had or seen one single incident.

If you wander around a big city at night, a bit of common sense goes a long way to avoiding trouble. I do the same in New York as I do in London - there's no special magic involved and London doesn't have unusual crime levels for a major city.

It's too easy to take isolated stories and paint a picture of a world gone to hell.

As far as this thread goes, it looks like the original topic has been exhausted. Unless anyone has anything extra to add, it might be time to lock it. I'm not sure the forum needs this to become a general crime reporting / police bashing thread.

GettyImages-145679137-scaled-e1619025176434.jpg

Be careful with what you post - Google picks it up and some content affects how they deal with behind the scenes stuff...

Time to lock I think.