Forums Latest Members

Another "my first speedy" thread

1. JFingers Feb 4, 2016

Ladies and gentlemen,

My new to me 3572 came in the mail today. I'm really digging it so far. It's my first Omega, though I'm really hoping Omega starts their military sales program again so I can get a gen 3 x-33 customized for my squadron.

[​IMG]

Blue skies, y'all, thanks for letting me hang out and for all the great information on this forum.
    -only Jake

destroid, Ericoh, x3no and 10 others like this.
  2. LawBrk Feb 4, 2016

Congrats on the nice pick! I'm sure you will enjoy it, just be careful as it may not be your last. And thank you for your service!

duc and JFingers like this.
  3. JFingers Feb 5, 2016

Many thanks for your support!
    And yeah, I can see a few different Speedies on my wrist. I sure do lust over a speedyorite, but unfortunately, it's out of my league right now.

Blue skies,
    -only jake

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 5, 2016

It's a beaut! Congratulations!

JFingers likes this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 5, 2016

Very nice...and a hearty welcome to OF @JFingers. :thumbsup:

Also, you'll like the generation three X-33...I know a few Navy dudes that have X-33's customized with their specific Navy squadrons and they really like them. :thumbsup:

JFingers likes this.
  6. DocHolliday Feb 5, 2016

Welcome to the Moon!

JFingers likes this.
  7. JFingers Feb 5, 2016

I've tried them on in Abu Dhabi and Seoul, worried that they would be too big for my tiny little wrists, but with as light as they are, I think I could handle the size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue skies!
    -only Jake

GregH and Mad Dog like this.
  8. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 5, 2016

Looks good lasts longtime! :thumbsup:

Not to get off the subject...I flew with a former U-2 driver [at Delta] and I thought he said something about stall speed being just a few knots below barber pole at 'ludicrous altitude'...is it really that tight? Also, I've got about a 3 hour ass...not sure how you do it [Dunkin' Donuts coffee?]...from what I understand, your missions are pretty lengthy.

Edited Feb 5, 2016
  9. GregH Feb 5, 2016

I tried this watch at my local Omega Boutique and was amazed at how light and comfortable it was.

JFingers likes this.
  10. JFingers Feb 6, 2016

True statement. At altitude, especially above 70k', you might have 3-5 knots either side between stalling and overspeed. And yeah, long missions, you just have to get comfortable being uncomfortable. It was nice when I flew C-5s to be able to get up, move around, make coffee, use the bathroom, take a nap, etc, but I wouldn't trade what I'm doing now for anything. I don't have to talk to any one if I don't want to, I don't have to check with the Aircraft Commander before I do anything, and I have the best view on the planet.

Now I just need to get one of the long velcro straps for my speedy so I can strap it on over my spacesuit!

Mad Dog likes this.
  11. JFingers Feb 6, 2016

I agree, for as big as it looks, it was super light. Given unlimited funds, I wouldn't hesitate to add one to the rotation...

12. duc Feb 6, 2016

I have one I'll donate to the cause. Never been used. Send me a message with your APO and I'll get it in the mail Monday.

Thanks for being vigilant on our behalf.

Mad Dog and LawBrk like this.
  13. GregH Feb 6, 2016

I was similarly and surprisingly tempted but reason and budget prevailed!

14. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 7, 2016

Just for the record...the long velcro straps will also fit around ridiculously humongous Dunkin' Donuts coffee jugs. :thumbsup:

File pic...
    image.jpeg

LouS, JFingers, GregH and 2 others like this.