Forums Latest Members
  1. Helvetia History Mar 6, 2013

Hello all,

Is this another deluxe?

Looks in a lot better condition than the last one. Not too polished.

The pie pan doesn't seem as defined as in the earlier version, don't think I've seen one quite like this before. Interested to see what people think the value is compared to the other one I posted a few days ago.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

DeluxeNew.jpg

2. Mothra Mar 6, 2013

Is that a non pie pan dial painter to look like a pie pan?

3. Helvetia History Mar 6, 2013

I know what you mean. I thought it was domed initially and started to type this post with the title "non pie pan de luxe" originally. But I am pretty sure it's just that the facets going between the batons rather than arrowhead markers are not as pronounced and the gold on gold doesn't help either.

I've since done a bit of a search and found the same dial on the web but in a different case so I think it's ok. I'll now, no doubt, be corrected :)

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 6, 2013

i think it is genuine. my view is reasonable condition, but probably wouldn't pass muster for any of our moderators to want it! (which means it is perfect for plebs like us). I can see from that one photo there is still some sharpness to the bezel and lugs.

5. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2013

Looks correct to me. It's an earlier version of the 168.005 or the previous reference 14.xxx (forget the exact number) with onyx inserts in the markers.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

I would want a higher resolution picture of the face of the watch since the writing looks just a bit off to me from the picture you provided. Probably ok but would want a closer high resolution look.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

As Mike stated, you really can not base any certainty from that image. I would call your attention though to the lack of scripted serif markers on the hours.

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

Lack of the "line" at the tip of the hour markers is an ok variant. Another variant is that some dials have a marker adjacent to the date window and others do not.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

Yep, thanks Mike. I found a couple like that. Including this poor example, which has similar script :D

MSN Original.jpg

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 6, 2013

Yup, that's a pretty sorry looking example - even has this blue stain in the back and a ratty looking warranty booklet from some jewelry store in South America!

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 6, 2013

Why you hold this poor example in your collection?.........pass to me, please.....:whistling:

12. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2013

Don't even try it. I've had dibs on that for years and it isn't going anywhere. :( Sweet watch, eh?

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 6, 2013

:) ............ not only sweet.........fabulous.......

14. Helvetia History Mar 7, 2013

I've asked for some more photos so we'll see what we get.

I am thinking of buying. What would be a reasonable price? The last one I asked about the consensus was about $3000. How does this compare given that the other was earlier and this one seems in better condition?

Thanks.

15. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 7, 2013

The earlier one was much less common and IMO more desirable than this one - classic gold piepan dial with arrowhead markers is the dial to have if you are only going to get one.

16. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2013

I think you're in the ballpark depending on the condition after you see more pictures.

17. Helvetia History Mar 13, 2013

Finally received higher res pictures. Any opinions?

Thanks again.

Connie.JPG

Connie2.JPG