Forums Latest Members
  1. Green Omega Oct 5, 2018

i picked this up recently and was immediately enamored because of the many firsts:

1. First panda in my collection
    2. First red chrono hand
    3. First pulsometer as my chronograph
    4. First racing strap
    5. First Omega in Ceramic bezel

I just love everything on this watch, even with the leather strap which is very comfortable to wear that I decided to order a similar strap with a 3-month wait.

I have taken some pulse reading with this watch. It’s so practical as well.

The size of the watch at 39.7 is perfect for my wrist size. I couldn’t ask for more.

Honestly, I believe this Panda is so much better looking in person. Glad that I decided to get this watch.

Have a great weekend.

9D88F953-BBA4-4761-9C6E-996FE994D51C.jpeg
  2. LeonDeBayonne Oct 5, 2018

Looks fantastic. Congrats!

Green Omega likes this.
  3. Marty McDawg Oct 5, 2018

I love this one. The panda with red accents is perfect IMO.

Green Omega likes this.
  4. Green Omega Oct 5, 2018

Thanks! I wondered why this panda is a bit underrated compared to the other Speedy LE. Time will tell. But what’s important is that this watch hit my sweet spot.

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  5. Green Omega Oct 5, 2018

Yes! The red accent on the Speedmaster name and the red chrono hand topped it for me.

Here’s another pic.

BF32D374-9937-4965-9B7C-68261048B773.jpeg
    Marty McDawg and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  6. Slowpoker Oct 5, 2018

Congratulations on the purchase, it's a fine looking watch and I especially like the Bezel.

Probably because I have this fascination with glow-in-the-dark things; The red lettering is quite outstanding too, something I've noticed on a lot of newer speedmasters.

Green Omega likes this.
  7. Kcxmo Oct 5, 2018

Great pick up bud

Green Omega likes this.
  8. Whattimeisit Oct 5, 2018

Put a hesalite crystal on it and speedy fans will line up to buy it.

Green Omega likes this.
  9. Green Omega Oct 5, 2018

I’ll probably stick with the original spec which includes a sapphire crystal. I know lots of enthusiasts are big fans of Hesalite crystal. But for this model, the sapphire crystal makes the dial pops even more. The common complaint of some milky ring from the sapphire crystal is hardly noticeable for this watch, perhaps due to the panda dial. I already have the other Speedy LE with the Hesalite crystal so I am fine already.

10. teojjsg Oct 6, 2018

There are just too many LEs in too short a time.

Green Omega likes this.
  11. Bp1000 Oct 6, 2018

Yes indeed lots of LE - but people went nuts for the ultraman.

I’m a huge fan of pro/ hesalite too... but I believe this pulsometer is better looking and it’s probably unlikely a pulsometer will be an option or redone anytime soon.

Green Omega likes this.
  12. Green Omega Oct 6, 2018

Agree with Bp1000. Why the scramble for the Ultraman vs this piece? Not that I am complaining if the issue is too many LEs being churned out in so short a time.

13. Slowpoker Oct 6, 2018

Omega really do love their limited editions, I wonder why they're making so many?

It's sad that many of the limited editions don't sell out so well when another LE takes all the hype, like the Ultraman.

Green Omega likes this.
  14. Burdeens Jewelry Oct 6, 2018

I love this piece. one of my clients just picked up his the other day. I really like the pulsometer scale, it gives a little bit of a different look to a piece without really changing the daily function of the watch. While they do a lot of LEs I think it offers a lot for different people. My client has small wrists and preferred the small size of the CK2998 and the trilogy pieces over the Speedy Tuesdays.
    Though yes sometimes the hype for some of these pieces are out of this world and it definitely takes away from some other great pieces.

Green Omega likes this.
  15. gostang9 Oct 6, 2018

For ‘collectors’
    1. This one is very close to the blue version released only a few years ago.
    2. This one is released after multiple other Speedy LE’s

For watch ‘wearers’
    3. The dial of a Panda is not as easily readable as with normal Speedy (ie: Ultraman is far better to actually ‘read’ time

This CK2998 Pulsometer is still limited, and it’s lower popularity level means it is easier to buy at or below MSRP, this is nothing but positive for anyone who wants to own one.

Current popularity not = future desirability

Green Omega likes this.
  16. pianomankd Oct 6, 2018

Gorgeous pick up! Wear it in good health!

Green Omega likes this.
  17. Green Omega Oct 6, 2018

True in my case for my small wrist and ended up getting the Trilogy and this panda version CK2998.

18. Green Omega Oct 6, 2018

I still think it is the hype train getting into the popularity of a particular LE model. But you are definitely right, current popularity does not mean future desirability.

While I love my Moonwatch, I decided to sell it after 6 months - too big for my wrist and winding because of the crown guard is a pain. And there’s substitutes which are the smaller Speedy 60th and this CK2998 model.

19. Green Omega Oct 6, 2018

Thank you for your nod!

20. rohnin Oct 7, 2018

I think if they released the watches faster then they could sell out faster, instead of people changing their minds when a new one comes out soon after, before the earlier one is even available