Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_keen Jan 5, 2022

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/comments/rww344/wts_1969_vintage_omega_seamaster_automatic/

Have posted photos below but please see more in album linked in posting.

I posted one recently that I got some advice on but figured that one was too polished to death and don't think it was worth it.

This one on the other hand seems to my eye like unpolished original condition (my eye is inexperienced). The case is in pretty good condition, but certainly not flawless, and maybe I should be looking for near flawless at this $1.1k price point. The rust on the second hand isn't ideal but I could live with the vintage look if that's my biggest problem.

There is no super close-up of the dial but overall it seems like an 8 or 8.5/10? Not really any major scratches on the side of the case or the crystal or anything.

I've never really dealt with vintage BOR bands, or really too many metal bands at all for that matter, but one of my next set of concerns is maybe that the bracelet could be a bit loose/spaced out due to the age? I actually would love the original band on one of these and has a big selling point for me looking at this reference so I would value the band being in good condition and can't really tell. Side note: if my wrist size is 6.5 and this fits up to 8, I can remove links like a normal band to make it fit my wrist right?

Overall, this is a reference I've been very interested in, but I'm also not totally married to it and could definitely consider a couple different options, especially in more flawless quality if people advise that I could do better. I'm willing to be patient on my hunt for a 60s Seamaster and would love to make a great, long-lasting purchase, and don't mind paying a slight premium to do so.

As I mentioned, I'm a novice and would love any feedback to my analysis or guidance on if I should purchase. I will try to haggle down to a ~$900 price or so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ollipekka Jan 5, 2022

First of all, the watch is 168.024. 166.010 would have no chronometer text on dial, and the movement would be cal 565.
    Dial: OK
    Case: OK
    Hands: OK
    Movement: The movement isn't shiny anymore and is a bit tired looking. Different parts have different colour as well. I don't know if this is an issue, so someone more experienced need to comment.

Once somebody confirms the movement condition, I'd be willing to give this an 8. Bonus points for being the chronometer version.

3. Shabbaz Jan 6, 2022

Or cal 562... :thumbsup:

ollipekka likes this.
  4. LuckyLes Jan 6, 2022

Signs of rotor rub on the caseback.

mr_keen likes this.