Forums Latest Members
  1. waking-crickets May 30, 2018

I recently came across a listing for a Turler dialed Angelus Datalarm. I've seen other Turler dialed Angeluses, so that doesn't seem odd. However, this watch is a bit odd in that it only has the Turler name at 12 o'clock rather than both Turler name and the Angelus logo.

Could this be a sign of a redial or is this dial configuration just par for the course?

2. tyrantlizardrex May 30, 2018

Could have been white-labeled for Turler... lots of brands have done that over the years for jewellers.

A few pictures would be helpful. :thumbsup:

Dan S likes this.
  3. waking-crickets May 31, 2018

Here's a picture from the seller:

s-l500.jpg

The case looks like a datalarm case to me, and the crowns are signed with the Angelus 'A'

rupertthebear likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Jun 1, 2018

You’d really need some better pictures of the dial to even take a guess at whether it’s original or been redone... can the seller help you out with those?

5. waking-crickets Jun 1, 2018

Perhaps. I'll ask. Mostly, I think if the dial configuration is something that could have existed, I'd be comfortable with it. In other words, I have a (probably) misplaced sense of being able to sniff a redial but my research is turning up bupkiss on whether this dial configuration is something could plausibly have existed.

6. Vitezi Jun 1, 2018

This source lists an Angelus chronograph with only the Turler name at 12:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

I am not versed well enough in Angelus to know whether this example is a redial, but the existence of another Angelus watch signed Turler suggests the practice probably occurred.

7. Vitezi Jun 1, 2018

8. waking-crickets Jun 2, 2018

Funny enough, I've thought in the past about picking up one of those Angelus clocks with thermometer, barometer, etc. to use as a desk clock.

In any event, looks like I equivocated a bit too long as the watch is no longer available.

9. matthewG Jun 3, 2018

Curious if you learned anything new. I’ve never seen that dial configuration - the rest of the watch appears correct but it’s certisnly a fair candidate for a complete redial or merely the Turler branding may be unoriginal. Curious if others have thoughts or have seen this before

10. waking-crickets Jun 3, 2018

Nope, but @Vitezi provided links to some travel clocks that had Angelus movements but only the Turler branding on the dial. It seems _plausible_, but hard to say definitively whether it was a real thing. I'd also love to know more if there are any Angelus historians amongst us.