And the winner is…

Picked up a few things from the local building supply company for the major house renovation project I’ve got going. Owner was there and I spotted his Submariner. That led to a nice conversation…and one in which he revealed he had never heard of, or seen, a Speedmaster. He said, Man, that’s a sexy watch. Winner? Speedmaster by a mile in my book.

Like 9
Both horological icons. Many collectors have both.

Like 4
Both horological icons. Many collectors have both.
Beauty of a watch for sure. It just doesn’t suit me. A little much bling for that particular one.

Like 3
Of those two models, I do prefer the Speedy. Now show it with an Explorer and I might change my mind. ;)

Like 3
Very different watches, but I have to say that I wear a Sub at least 10x more often than a Speedmaster. Of course, it's not a two-tone blue Sub.

Like 3
Winner? Speedmaster by a mile in my book.

Just checked my book, and it says the Speedmaster wins by a mile as well.

Like 2
I have never liked the three tone Rolex models, too fussy, but if the guy likes it, he’s a winner, you’re a winner. I own two GMT, a sub and two Speedies … “winners” all. Always fun and rare to fall into a watch discussion.

Like 6
At first sight, I thought it was an Invicta or something like that :D Not a fan of that blue.

Like 2
It depends, do you work in Wall street or on a space station?

Are you a pimp or a pilot?

Speedy for me please, since I admire pilots and astronauts more.

Like 2
Why is the time on the clock different? Who has it displayed inaccurately?

My guess would be the Rolex, because many owners wear them for show, not to tell time!

:)

Like 1
At first sight, I thought it was an Invicta or something like that :D Not a fan of that blue.

You read my mind! I have the identical Invicta.

Like 1
Quoted member hen
It depends, do you work in Wall street or on a space station?

Are you a pimp or a pilot?

Speedy for me please, since I admire pilots and astronauts more.

it’s always fun to read all the different opinions. As a career pilot, I am embarrassed to admit that I have never owned a Speedie. It’s now nice to know that I can now refer to myself as an Invicta wearing pimp

IMG_0464.jpeg

I do have a very nice TT 16233 Datejust with a sunburst Blue dial that I will trade someone for a nice Speedie?

Like 5
it’s always fun to read all the different opinions. As a career pilot, I am embarrassed to admit that I have never owned a Speedie. It’s now nice to know that I can now refer to myself as an Invicta wearing pimp

IMG_0464.jpeg

I do have a very nice TT 16233 Datejust with a sunburst Blue dial that I will trade someone for a nice Speedie?

:thumbsup:

That`s just a Invicta tribute! Maybe the pimpin`business isn`t going so good for you. Lets see that Invicta engraving on the left side of the case. :)

Like 1
They don't appeal to me, but I'm pretty sure that in certain parts of the world, the TT Rolex models are huge sellers.

Like 1