Forums Latest Members

An experiment: Aftermarket links on a 1450 bracelet

1. outta_gas Jun 16, 2022

Hi all,
    I just bought my first Speedmaster, a 3592.50, and it came with a 1450 bracelet that I knew was going to be too small. After a short hunt for extra links, I figured that it was going to be very difficult to find these in time to be able to resize the bracelet when the watch arrived, so I started to consider the alternatives, with the idea that the hunt would continue and I would use authentic links when I found them. Of the alternatives out there, I decided to buy several extra links for the Uncle Seiko 1450. I couldn't find any posts about people doing this, so I communicated with Larry and decided to post here so that people in the same predicament would be able to see the results.

Here is the bracelet as received:
    IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

Here is the bracelet resized with the Uncle Seiko Links:
    IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

What do you think? I personally am very pleased with it. The bracelet must have been polished, so they are similar in that regard, but on the wrist is not apparent that there are aftermarket links here (in my opinion).

When you look closely, there are some obvious differences (and this is good in my opinion as I do want to replace these with Omega links when I find them). The most obvious difference is apparent on the inside. The arrows are different (thicker) and, as supplied, line up on the opposite sides of the bracelet:
    IMG_8055.jpg
    Overall, I am very happy with this result. It was pretty inexpensive ($12/link and I needed only 3, although I bought 6) and readily available.

Happy to hear any feedback.