Forums Latest Members
  1. Gaz6263 Jul 26, 2016

One dodgy picture and no real description. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodane-Ty...sgwgxm5bhaR8dXSQ4Fg6s%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Emailed the seller and was informed he'd got it in a box of bits and no he won't sell outside of eBay. He sent me a couple of more out of focus pictures, which didn't really help but I thought I'd have a go. After bidding more than I really wanted to I won it. Same day I received it it went straight of to John Senior.
    Came back today and I'm really pleased with the results image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg The case back is blank apart from the numbers 4017 and a separate number or symbol I can't make out. I've never seen one like this before and any help would be appreciated.

Baz9614, Northernman, NT931 and 6 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jul 26, 2016

That's a good looking watch. You can fill in the missing black enamel on the bezel numbers with a Testors model pen if you're so inclined.

3. Gaz6263 Jul 26, 2016

The numbers on the bezel were almost completely silver when I got it. Maybe in the pictures you can't make out that they have been redone, I think John made a pretty good job of it.

4. Edward53 Jul 26, 2016

The great thing about dodgy pics is they put off your competition. I've had a couple of results that way from worse pics than that one. But it's a bit tense waiting for the parcel to arrive, and even more so actually opening it!

noelekal likes this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 26, 2016

Very appealing. Good for you!

I'm unfamiliar with the brand, but like the dial's styling very much.

6. Gaz6263 Jul 26, 2016

I think they still make a version of this watch today, though I doubt it's still issued to the French airforce.

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 26, 2016

Nice, catch! Does not appear to be an issued example, but nonetheless a nice buy for the money, even factoring in a service.:thumbsup:

8. Gaz6263 Jul 26, 2016

Yes, I'm well pleased. It had rust in the movement but John fitted a new ratchet wheel and third wheel to cure that problem. A full service on top of that and it stands me in well under a £1k. It's been a while since I've seen one at that price.

9. DeepBlue Jul 26, 2016

Nice one.

These same models were also issued to the french army i believe.

Great price aswell. The issued ones usually go for 2500 euro and a bit up.

10. tinga Jul 27, 2016

hello
    the big crown with black numbers seems not original
    probably changed

the rest is clean for me exepct the case back normally with a serial number
    (but your case back seems ok)
    the flyback function is ok ?

you have a photo of movment ?
    br

Edited Jul 27, 2016
  11. Gaz6263 Jul 27, 2016

I think the crown was changed as part of the service as this is where the water ingress had occurred. Unfortunately I couldn't find an original replacement. I'm assuming you mean the black numbers on the bezel. I'm sure they were black to start with as there was a fair amount of black still on the bezel when I got the watch.
    Sorry no movement pictures as I don't have the correct tool to open the back.

12. tinga Jul 29, 2016

it is more easier to find an original crown in France.

if i see this item 'for sale' in France , i will keep you informed
    br

13. tinga Jul 29, 2016

14. Gaz6263 Jul 29, 2016