Forums Latest Members

America you're great and you've always been great!

1. Jonatan Oct 18, 2016

Just thought I would share this with all the Americans on here.

Whatever you decide when it comes time to vote, I just wanted you guys to know that you're great and no matter what anyone says, you've always been great!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 18, 2016

Thanks! We know this is not in anyway said because you have oil and a small military. ;)

3. dialstatic Oct 18, 2016

To balance out the America-bashing that has been in vogue over here in Europe of late, I'd just like to say that I agree with the video. I've visited a couple of times, and I'm basically in love with the diversity of people, cultures and landscapes, as well as what it stands for as a nation. I'm not always loving its foreign policies and internal politics, but it doesn't always have to be about that. To me, America is great!

4. meganfox17 Oct 18, 2016

When i was a little girl growing up, the movie that really piqued my curiosity about America was this one actually at the height of the Cold War....

cicindela likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Oct 18, 2016

I often wonder why there are so many people who bash America, but they all want to live here. There's no perfect nation on the planet. At least the American ideology tries to be the best.

Well, maybe the North Koreans think they're perfect.....

6. mattonthewater Oct 18, 2016

Thanks, we are pretty awesome. Plenty of room for improvement but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Jonatan likes this.
  7. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 18, 2016

I always thought Canadians were Americans.

8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 18, 2016

hey now.... more like cousins. ;)

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 18, 2016

They would be if not for the damn Anglo-American Convention of 1818 treaty. :coffee:

:D:D:D

10. gop76 Oct 18, 2016

I'm european so i can't talk for others but some europeans remind me an old and ruined aristocrat, looking at his dusty chandeliers, envying a peasant younger, healthier, wealthier and freer, who in his confused mind owe him something when in reality he can live his last days in peace because the younger peasant is taking care of him...

OMGRLX, ulackfocus and Greatpa like this.
  11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 18, 2016

Polite and tidier Canadian cousins. In all honesty I would not live anywhere else. I've had the great privilege to travel extensively in my career. It's always good to be wheels down in the USA. Our issues are always on the table and we are always working to solve them. Sometimes it's loud and unpleasant and takes far too long but it's never out of sight. I get very irritated when someone from a place with little to no similar transparency and obvious issues wags the finger.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 18, 2016

FIFY

Starts off a bit funny

watchme, Larry S and ulackfocus like this.
  13. Greatpa Oct 18, 2016

The great Great America.. Never heard that before ;)

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 18, 2016

No, the US lost that war...

flw, Fritz, Jwit and 4 others like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 18, 2016

Australia is the New America. It's nice to have company :)

ulackfocus likes this.
  16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 18, 2016

America (i.e. USA) is full of nutters, cranks, criminals and lunatics.

But what country or nation on Earth isn't?

And isn't it nice to know that America is also full of the warmest, most hospitable, reasonable, moral, humane, family loving, pet loving, sport fanatic and watch nerd people.

Just like us really.

PS: Except for that guy who pissed on my shoe one night when I was at the big steakhouse near the Bass Pro Outdoors in Grapevine.

17. ulackfocus Oct 18, 2016

There was a South Park episode about that.

*WARNING* totally not safe for work and completely offensive to everyone, which is typical of South Park.

18. Northernman Lemaniac Oct 18, 2016

Been frequenting the US for work and leisure relatively often. Loads of lovely people, and beautiful scenery.
    If you search you can even find proper food and drink! (Loads of it actually!).
    In short: I love visiting the US!

In the past I have been offered several chances to work and live in the US but have turned the offers down.
    As such it is not true that "everyone wants to live there" as stated above. In terms of monetary reward I guess it would have made me better of than I am today, but US corporate culture is not consistent with how I would like to work, and in the same time have a proper personal life.

The latest sit-com, also known as the US election, is a very poor way to improve the general view of the US seen as an outsider.
    In more than one way it is comic as watching North Korean news broadcast (and they are exceptionally fun to watch in a very tragic way).
    Personally I think this year Presidential campaigns should serve as a dire warning to the US public: You need to do something (very) different in order to remain the great nation you are!

Edited Oct 18, 2016
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 18, 2016

I have many friends, colleagues, customers, and yes even relatives who are in the US, and there are many places I enjoy visiting. I've been to more than 1/2 of the 50 states, for work and for pleasure.

Both my wife and I have had offers over the last nearly 30 years to move to and work in the US. She currently manages people in the US (as well as in Mexico, Caribbean, South America, and of course in Canada) from here in Canada and gets pressured often to move down to the US, but the answer is always the same - no thanks.

Cheers, Al

gostang9 and Northernman like this.
  20. meganfox17 Oct 18, 2016

What do these Two National War Memorials in two different countries with almost similar flag design , separated 12 years apart have in common ?[​IMG][​IMG]

Answer : They were sculptured by the same person , Austrian born American , Felix de Weldon