Forums Latest Members
  1. guelerct Mar 19, 2016

Does anyone else scratch their head every time Omega flaunts their Eddy Redmayne ties?
    Is he an A lister?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 19, 2016

Absolutely. He has a best actor Tony and a best actor Oscar. And a second nomination for best actor in the last Oscars.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 19, 2016

Good actor, chic,s dig him and youngens also as he's well dressed and trendy fashion wise. Clooney is old to twenty year olds... Get with the times.... Most of us that saw the first star wars at the movies are out of touch with anything cool..

ahartfie, OMGRLX and arkstfan like this.
  4. Superdoc Mar 19, 2016

I can somewhat see the 'Best in class' idea, and he is a very talented actor, and appeals to a different demographic than the traditional ambassadors.
    Also, he will be in the Harry Potter prequel in November which will give him a great amount of exposure...

However, for me, it still seems like a strange fit. Omega ambassadors usually have a long history with the brand, and I can't really see him aging that well. He has that 'Geeky, overly-thin british boy-charm" that will not be as charming in a 50 yr old...he'll never be a George Clooney.

He was also a bit of a prima-donna at the LA event... which was off-putting given the fact that, like I say... he is no George Clooney...

Cindy Crawford, Naomie Harris, and all of the Astronauts were all willing to take pictures, shake hands etc...

If this is his true character, then it doesn't bode well in the long term... you can only take this boyish thing so far...if you're exposed as a prick, you won't be able to keep playing that role.

Edited Mar 19, 2016
    OMGRLX and Riviera Paradise like this.
  5. cuts33 Mar 19, 2016

I did not understand it when it was announced and I still don't.

6. cuts33 Mar 19, 2016

Not sure the real definition of "A-Lister" but I will just say while he has obviously had success lately in terms of award show recognition, nobody is going to see a movie because he is in it.

IMO, the movies he is in are the draw, he is not the draw.

Same with the upcoming Harry Potter movies - people will flock to them because its Harry Potter - not because its Eddie whatshisname.

On the other end of the specturm - Clooney, Damen, Pitt, etc. - people will see anything they're in just because they are in it.

7. Mr Bing Mar 19, 2016

I don't get Eddie Whatshisface either. If Omega wanted a talented British actor they should have looked at Tom Hardy. At least he wears an Omega by choice, not because of financial incentive.....

image.png

guelerct, OMGRLX and Riviera Paradise like this.
  8. Perseus Mar 19, 2016

I didn't know who he was. I had to look him up.

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 19, 2016

You win a Oscar your a A-Lister for life.
    And
    I would not see movies because Pitt and Clooney are in them...

OMGRLX and Archer like this.
  10. ac106 Mar 19, 2016

What's Adrian Brody been up to?

11. meganfox17 Mar 19, 2016

I watched The Theory of Everything 3 x so let me share my thoughts with everyone.
    Eddie Redmayne potrayal as Hawkings was epic.He reminded me of a young Ben Kingley in Gandhi & Dustin Hoffman as Raymond Babbit in Rainman.
    No , Eddie is not A list material ..not just yet...but he's getting there... Eddie has succeeded in vulnerable roles now Eddie must demonstrate his versatility in antiheroes ,action hero & romantic roles.He needs a couple of lucky breaks in some Mega Disaster Hollywood Blockbuster movies something like Will Smith in Independence Day & needs directors like James Cameron , J J Abrams , Roland Emmerich to solidify his Grade A status

The Great Physicist & Theorist himself Stephen Hawkings wrote a simple touching message on his Facebook to Eddie saying....
    " I am very proud of You "

There were tears rolling down Eddie's cheeks..
    I feel It's time people start taking this Gifted Actor very Seriously..

Edited Mar 19, 2016
    Miss_Bourginskay and OMGRLX like this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 19, 2016

6 movies last year one so far this year. Mostly directing nowadays. Do you watch anything that's not on at your local movie theatre

Archer and Jonatan like this.
  13. Riviera Paradise Mar 19, 2016

This reminded me of one of the weirdest experiences I had in my life. I was having a laugh with some mates who were at Gonville & Caius, trying to crash one of those Cambridge May balls in the 90s....it was a cold night we were trying to get in via a back door entry (please no purile jokes), past security, moving commando style through some bushes...when all of a sudden we heard an electric motor....someone passed by on the main path sitting hunched in an electric wheel chair with a small computer screen, lit up and visible in the darkness...the great man Stephen Hawkings himself. We felt very silly indeed.

Actually to a certain extent I regret not going to Cambridge...flogged my brains at Westminster to get three As and a B in my A-levels and then went to Imperial because I wanted to be a "true" Engineer.

OMGRLX, Paedipod and meganfox17 like this.
  14. Riviera Paradise Mar 19, 2016

Oh dear what a prick indeed...he comes across as incredibly humble and charming in TV interviews, but based on your personal experience @Superdoc, this is probably just a fake persona...reminds me of that wonderful scene in Time Bandits when John Cleese playing a "prima donna" Robin Hood meets the dwarves, greeting each one with apparent charm and interest (sort of a Royal Family greet and meet line-up)...when they finally leave...he says "what awful people":)

OMGRLX likes this.
  15. meganfox17 Mar 19, 2016

Dear @Riviera Paradise

Riviera ! You met Professor Stephen William Hawking & you didnt do or say anything at all to the Great Man ? Did ..You ..i mean like kiss his hands or cheek or hair or scream or anything at all ???? Did he say anything to you using his Voice Synthesizer ? Like........
    "Get...Off.... My ..Pro-per ty.. !!."
    Dont....Make.Out ..In..The.. ..Bush -es ....
    I ...am....Wat-chi-ing ..ing..ing....You...

Wow ..What a Bummer...!!!
    Ok....Selfies & We-Fie werent born yet...

Edited Mar 19, 2016
  16. cuts33 Mar 19, 2016

I am impressed.

I have no idea how that is possible. Fell asleep after 20 minutes.

guelerct and meganfox17 like this.
  17. Riviera Paradise Mar 19, 2016

I had no intention in making out with my mates:eek:.and my girlfriend was not taking part in such purile behaviour for obvious reasons.;)

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 19, 2016

I think judging someone from one encounter might not be a good idea - we all have bad days. ;)

Second, I could not possibly care less if he is an arsehole. I don't care about the personalities of any of the "ambassadors." I only wish I wasn't exposed to them on a pretty regular basis via the Omega Extranet. Well mostly Clooney and the lady with the plastic face - gives me shudders every time I log in and her mug pops up...

I don't buy watches (or anything else) based on who is paid to wear them. I realize not everyone will agree, but that's fine too.

Cheers, Al

19. meganfox17 Mar 19, 2016

I wouldnt blame you @cuts33.
    Two reasons i watched the movie x 3
    One
    i'm fascinated with Cosmology & that Big Bang Theory. ..
    Two ....
    as part of My Job Description , I'm very familiar with Hawking's condition , the disease known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis , a degenerative motor neuron disease resulting in wasting of the entire muscle groups of the body except the Brain !!!.
    In America this condition is known as Lou Gehrig's Disease after a famous Baseball player who was first diagnosed with it

Edited Mar 19, 2016
  20. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 19, 2016

Wow, Doc -- that was pretty harsh. I hope they'll still let you ride on the corporate jet from time to time :)

Riviera Paradise and meganfox17 like this.