Forums Latest Members

Am I weird for liking this?

1. morningtundra Jan 26, 2021

The blue dial DJ is hot at the moment. As is TT. So you check both boxes with this one. I considered buying a watch from M&B but didn't pursue it. Their listed prices seemed optimistic to me. I think that one is a nice-looking example that would tone-down easily if worn on leather or Perlon.

momentomori likes this.
  2. JwRosenthal Jan 26, 2021

Being a child of Los Angeles in the 70’s & 80’s, I have a love/hate for this style watch. If you wear it with confidence, like you don’t give a shit- and own it- it’s stunning.

I too have been attracted to whimsical watches I never would have thought about a year ago. I think the covid is making many of us rethink the things that bring us joy- and if looking at a watch like this makes you smile- then go for it!

momentomori likes this.
  3. momentomori Jan 27, 2021

Indeed, this is true. I worry, though, that I may not be able to pull it off if I am posing the question here (I mean, if I was truly confident about it, I would have just bought it, no?) I don't know. A stainless steel 16014 is just such a safe bet. You know that no one is going to try to jab you with the "grandpa watch" trope, or try to call you out for being ostentatious. But then again, that's what drew me to it in the first place: its hefty presence.

4. lillatroll Jan 27, 2021

I love it so I would buy it in a heart beat. Probably goes well with a Hawaiian shirt and white trousers. Pair it with some gold gucci sunglasses and job done. If you tend not to dress this way at a bbq or by the beach you might want to reconsider and go for something a little less in your face. That said, until you try it on you will never know.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. momentomori Jan 27, 2021

Hahah. I can channel the inner Soprano character when needed during the summer time, so I think I am safe there!

lillatroll likes this.
  6. jaguar11 Jan 27, 2021

In the 90's I probably would not have had much time for this but this has finally come round to me. I like it!!!

momentomori likes this.
  7. watch3s Feb 2, 2021

but much too me

8. neilp Feb 2, 2021

Personally, I like Buckley dials but I am not a fan of any two-tone watches. They have a 70s vibe that makes me think of open-necked shirts and big gold medallions!!

70s man.jpg

But if that's your thing who am I to judge? ; -)

9. Thrasher36 Feb 2, 2021

Its awesome, Buy it

10. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 2, 2021

I love the dial, but not the two-tone. It's a stunner though, I'll say that. Keep us posted.

momentomori likes this.
  11. momentomori Feb 2, 2021

Well, this seller really isn't going to budge much on the list price, so I just gave up. That and the fact that I just think stainless steel is a better everyday watch. I am going to grab this one in the next day or so. I love this example:

[​IMG]

Tyro Rex, MTROIS, vibe and 3 others like this.
  12. EauTerre Feb 2, 2021

Okay, after seeing this comparison, I'm starting to appreciate Roman number dials :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That Buckley dial looks very refined, the thinner numbers don't bloat the dial and don't overwhelm the sight.

13. JwRosenthal Feb 2, 2021

You woke up from a fever dream in the safety of your quiet calm....but you will remember the vibrant colors and disco music.

MTROIS and momentomori like this.
  14. momentomori Feb 2, 2021

Hahah. That actually made me laugh out loud. No joke haha.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  15. Rado63 Feb 20, 2021

The DateJust in steel would be my first choice. Here is my DJII Blue Azzurro dial fluted bezel looking lovely.

DSC02939 - Copy750..jpg

blufinz52 likes this.
  16. Ness Feb 20, 2021

hahaha... could no agree more!

17. Ted1858 Feb 20, 2021

If that was meant to imply that since Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the US that there is bound to be someone there with an interest in a watch such as this (and every style of watch imaginable), you’d be correct. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

18. Flysatchmo Feb 20, 2021

My 22 year old son, Omega lover, summer lifeguard, college senior, asked me this past summer what I thought of gold watches...I gave him the same advice I’m hearing here. If you like it, go for it! We gave him a beautiful Steel Diver 300 for his 21st birthday. (Good kid and good student). So for his 22nd birthday got him a nice looking gold Invicta diver..about 100 bucks...he rocked it all summer and loves it! If it resonates with you then go for it. I think it looks awesome!

19. FREDMAYCOIN Feb 20, 2021

It’s a great looking watch and it wouldn’t bother me wearing it at all ( I m pretty conservative). But what I would do is get the smooth bezel. I say go for it.

20. swaini3 Feb 21, 2021

They're beautiful dials..... i wish they came in 39mm or 40