Forums Latest Members
  1. AdoM7 Nov 23, 2015

I purchased my Snoopy some fancy shoes to preserve the original straps (nylon gets dirty) and to dress it up a little bit.
    It looks great! I wanted to get the sedna black dsotm strap because of the reinforced holes and the great leather interior, however it was too big.

I purchased a new aligator strap which is the 20mm aligator strap from the original moonwatch. With only a couple of weeks of use I can notice a lot of wear. I want to know if anyone knows how delicate and lasting this strap is according to owners.

IMG_0834.jpg IMG_0835.jpg IMG_0836.jpg IMG_0837.jpg IMG_0838.jpg
    MTROIS, GLB2015 and Buzz man like this.
  2. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Nov 23, 2015

That's the way it goes. Have the same "issue" with the blue crock straps of my AT GMT. You can't avoid it. Sweat and other liquids are in charge.

3. AdoM7 Nov 23, 2015

Any products to make it last longer??
    Thanks!

4. ulackfocus Nov 23, 2015

Stay in the air conditioning longer or try using leather waterproofing on the back.

5. wsfarrell Nov 23, 2015

6. AdoM7 Nov 28, 2015

Thanks guys! I applied a leather care paste that came with a shinola watch I purchased some time ago.. It seems to work, strap is really smooth now :thumbsup:

7. MTROIS Dec 3, 2015

Strap with deployant buckle would last longer, no?

8. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 4, 2015

I believe it should work that way. I've always used Lexol on my large tile "gator" straps.
    It will darken lighter color straps and the liner, who cares, but should keep your tiles from splitting.

9. MTROIS Dec 4, 2015

How does the original strap feel though?
    I am actually thinking of getting a strap for my speedy and since I am feeling that the NATO option is a bit too casual for my taste, I am considering either the leather option with deployant clasp (classy but expensive and fragile) or the nylon option from the DSOTM or Snoopy Award (cheaper, more sturdy and probably pretty comfy).

Comments are welcome...

10. yinzerniner Dec 4, 2015

So here is my general experiences with all the numerous iterations of Omega deploy style straps:
    -The Alligator straps with "Cousu Main," or "Hand Made," imprinted in the liner tend to have the nicest finishes, colors and stitching. However, the straps themselves tend to be delicate and the liner definitely wears down very quickly. I have a glossy black alligator that I only wear for very formal occasions so less than 15 times total over a few years, and there are some small cracks between the scales. The non-glossy versions of these straps tend to have sturdier alligator just by the simple nature of the less-treated hide. If you live in a warmer environment, or sweat a lot, I would stay away from these unless they're to be worn sparingly. Also, padding in these is not that soft but after a bit of break in it molds to your wrist very well.
    -The barenia leather straps are probably the best price to performance ratio Omega deploy strap out there. Break in time is almost non-existant, the exterior finish gets better with age and wear, and the tan leather liner is very soft and pliable and has held up very well after a good amount of wear. I used mine on a Speedy which I wore on long bike rides, golfing, etc all throughout the summer and even with all the sweating involved the liner has held up beautifully. Also, the price directly from an Omega boutique is around $120 or so.
    -The coated nylon / cordura straps that come on the SOTM and Silver Snoopy are the nicest combination of dressy and sporty out there, and the padding is insanely comfy. The black leather liner is the best of all the Omega straps I've owned and handled, and I've been told it's been tested to handle water, sweat, and other kinds of contaminants with aplomb. These however are pretty expensive.

MTROIS likes this.
  11. AdoM7 Dec 4, 2015

Indeed the original strap on the snoopy is great.. I love the inside on the strap, it feels really durable.. I have somehow an obsession of having my watch sparkling clean. The nylon strap can get messy inside the fabric and it requires cleaning liquids and a microfiber for me to get it clean, so I rather save it for future use.
    Definitely it looks sporty/dressy and can last much longer than the aligator strap.

MTROIS likes this.