Again, this connie found in China is tempting me.

Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
Because it is 18k gold and not pure gold.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
Beautiful tarnishing on that case
Yes, I also kind of like the colorful tarnishing.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
Maybe I need to move into China 😁

The next thing I gonna tell you is the asking price: 8500USD. Still wanna move?
 
Posts
8,130
Likes
36,636
The next thing I gonna tell you is the asking price: 8500USD. Still wanna move?
Just cancelled my flight....😁
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Because it is 18k gold and not pure gold.
When I saw all the tarnish, I immediately suspected it was 14k, which it is. It's still a nice piece.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Beautiful case, attractive watch overall, no doubt. Is it worth 8.5k? Absolutely not.
 
Posts
1,581
Likes
12,610
The next thing I gonna tell you is the asking price: 8500USD. Still wanna move?

I can get you the same watch for 5k 😵‍💫
 
Posts
2,270
Likes
15,727
Is there any reason why Omega made these cases in both 14k and 18k gold?
Just a cheaper alternative for the buyer or for the better durability in the 14k?
 
Posts
8,245
Likes
29,122
Is there any reason why Omega made these cases in both 14k and 18k gold?
Just a cheaper alternative for the buyer or for the better durability in the 14k?

Very likely the former. Not that extra durability played no role, but after all, who buys a gold watch and places an emphasis on durability?
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
Is there any reason why Omega made these cases in both 14k and 18k gold?
Just a cheaper alternative for the buyer or for the better durability in the 14k?

Or just custom issues back in the day.
 
Posts
2,270
Likes
15,727
Very likely the former. Not that extra durability played no role, but after all, who buys a gold watch and places an emphasis on durability?
But also seems odd to buy a solid gold Constellation (the Omega flagship model at the time) and be cheap on the karat
Or just custom issues back in the day.
Ah did not think about that, was there cheaper to import 14k watches? Or just straight out illegal to import 18k?
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
Is this also in China?
 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,452
Is there any reason why Omega made these cases in both 14k and 18k gold?
Just a cheaper alternative for the buyer or for the better durability in the 14k?

Was it not to align with local expectations around gold purity? For example, in some countries 14ct is the norm, in others it’s 18ct.